Thread: enable Nvidia sli on ubuntu 10.04

Beans

enable Nvidia sli on ubuntu 10.04

ok enabling SLI was pretty easy.

sudo nvidia-xconfig --sli=AFR

reboot

everything seems to be fine until i start a game then it flashes at me I can play the game but it is like it is dropping lots of frames. SLI works just fine in windows so I am fairly sure that i don't have a problem with my vid card.

I think there must be some other command or switch that I am missing and so few people run sli much less sli and linux that getting good info is kind of hard.

any help would be appreciated.

rody
    Evga Classified Intel Core I7 920@3.7ghz, OCZ Platinum 3x2gb, Evga gtx480sc x2 ,Western Digital Caviar Black WD640 x2 raid0 ,HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000, Asus DVD burner, Corsair HX1000

Beans

Re: enable Nvidia sli on ubuntu 10.04

ok after playing with some more settings, I found that if I uncheck the allow flipping option in the opengl settings in the nvidia control panel that the blinking goes away, but the performance is very bad, with lots of stutering.

I relize that one gtx480 is more that enough to play most games that are avalable in linux and all I am really trying to play atm is World of warcraft, but I think one of my favorite games is can I make it work on linux. so I will play with more settings and see.

rody

new drivers 256.44 http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153575 seem to fix most issues, still have to uncheck allow flipping and it seems to work great, I also turned on vsync which seems to have smoothed things out even more.
    Last edited by Rody; August 1st, 2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Evga Classified Intel Core I7 920@3.7ghz, OCZ Platinum 3x2gb, Evga gtx480sc x2 ,Western Digital Caviar Black WD640 x2 raid0 ,HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000, Asus DVD burner, Corsair HX1000