Thread: Wondering how to get OEM Config to work with my custom distro

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Exclamation Wondering how to get OEM Config to work with my custom distro

Hello!
    I'm not sure how to get the OEM install mode working with my Ubuntu remaster. I'm using Remastersys to make the remastered Ubuntu 10.04 and I don't know how to make sure OEMs can use it. I have tried running sudo oem-config-prepare after installing the remaster (with oem-config, oem-config-gtk, oem-config-remaster and oem-config-debconf installed from Synaptic) in a new account called "oem" with the password also "oem". It tells me that I have to restart to show the system setup. So I did that, but it would not start into it. I pressed the Escape key at Plymouth to view the bootup in verbose mode and it told me this:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/ubiquity-dm", line 476, in <module>
      dm = DM(vt, display, username)
    File "/usr/bin/ubiquity-dm", line 78, in __init__
      self.uid, self.gid = pwd.getpwnam(self.username)[2:4]
    KeyError: 'getpwnam(): name not found: live'
    multiple times and that I could make a new account from the boot prompt. I attempted to do this but it was choppy and my key presses didn't appear to do anything until I pressed Enter when it displayed only some of the key presses so setting up an account from the boot prompt was futile.
    I really need this to work as soon as possible!

Best regards,
    AZorin
    Last edited by AZorin; July 31st, 2010 at 10:56 PM.

Re: Wondering how to get OEM Config to work with my custom distro

I know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

The solution is to specify the live cd's username as "oem" in Remastersys when you create the ISO. I have no idea why this matters, but apparently it does.
    Tony Lovasco
    Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
    http://www.twistedlincoln.com