Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

1) Version : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    2) Laptop Maker : HP
    3) Laptop Model : 15-R-036TU
    4) Known Issue
    _____
    issue 1 Till now i tried many version of ubuntu and other many flavor. but Bluetooth not detected till now.
    issue 2: when i shutting down laptop, it started to shutdown process. At end of process it hangs off. and nothing work in laptop. No keyboard and mouse work(i tried to Caps-lock on/off but not work). it just showing last screen. i don't know why this kind of thing happen. at end of process i forced shutdown using long power button press.

i m very biggest fan of linux. right now i m very depressed. because those two error i can't solved. if you want to anything like log and all i will provide it to you. please help..!!!

Beans

Version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Laptop maker: Apple
    Laptop model: MacBook Pro Mid2009 (8G RAM)
    Issues:
    1. System freezing (I must use power button to force shutdown),
    2. When I use NVIDIA driver, screen bottom blinking (must switch to Xorg).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    All Lenovos are now Linux certified. "Lenovo is moving to certify the full workstation portfolio for top Linux distributions from Ubuntu® and Red Hat® – every model, every configuration."
    We hope

Lenovo Yoga C930
    Ubuntu and many other Linux.
    Rotation and the pen in Gimp work

Microphone don't work
    Speakers and SubWoofer don't work

Beans

Version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Laptop maker: HP

Laptop model: HP 15-R250TU

Issues: WIFI card with RTL8723BE has no support, unable to get WIFI working no matter which Linux Distribution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tushar321 View Post
    Version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Laptop maker: HP

Laptop model: HP 15-R250TU

Issues: WIFI card with RTL8723BE has no support, unable to get WIFI working no matter which Linux Distribution
    If the problem is only the WiFi and even when we're dealing with a problematic one indeed - it requires user installed drivers and/or specific tweaks - that's hardly an incompatibility issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by freedex View Post
    Mid 2009 MacBookPro5,4
    Funny, since I got that very same MacBook Pro model and it's working tip top since Ubuntu was first released.
    Only Ubuntu 20.04 required a minor tweak documented here:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2449534

Quote Originally Posted by freedex View Post
    Computer boots and hangs on a black screen
    Computer tells me it can't find vmlinuz (vmlinuz.efi?)
    Sounds like a defective, broken installation and has absolutely nothing to do with hardware compatibility.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (most of these problems have existed since Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
    Laptop Manufacturer: Gateway
    Model: NE56R41u

Issues:
    • The SD card reader has a persistant issue. SDHC and SDXC cards randomly stall upon writing, giving a hardware error. This Ask Ubuntu thread fixed this issue, but causes everything to lag excessively when writing.
    • Graphic-intensive games, like Portal, run very sluggishly, or don't work at all.
    • Wireless networking most often disconnects without reconnecting; changed to WICD and that still didn't fix the issue.
    If Doctor 14 is still a woman, remind me to not watch the latest season.
    "You're a classic example of the inverse relationship between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain." - The Doctor

TARDIU - Time And Relative Dimension In Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

• The SD card reader has a persistant issue. SDHC and SDXC cards randomly stall upon writing, giving a hardware error. This Ask Ubuntu thread fixed this issue, but causes everything to lag excessively when writing.
    Some hardware is just like that, I mean, bad. And it's doubtful it supports SDXC at all but if it does that would be a first generation with lots of quirks so, yes, it isn't surprising that a workaround was (and still is) needed for Linux to replicate some of the things present in the Windows drivers that masks, by software, the litany of hardware issues it has.

• Graphic-intensive games, like Portal, run very sluggishly, or don't work at all.
    A Gateway NE56R41u runs with a 2011 Intel Pentium B960 and its companion very underpowered Intel Graphics. Portal's system requirements ask for at minimum a discrete graphics, NVIDIA GeForce3+ / ATI Radeon 8500+ or better. It isn't supposed to work with a old and underpowered integrated MOBILE Intel Graphics. This computer is NOT for gaming, it isn't a matter of incompatibility, just a matter of totally unrealistic expectations.

• Wireless networking most often disconnects without reconnecting; changed to WICD and that still didn't fix the issue.

Changing to WICD can only make things worse. I suggest that you check your router's settings before anything else. It should be WPA2-AES, not any WPA/WPA2 mixed mode and especially not TKIP. If using the recommended settings doesn't improve the connection's stability then I suggest you open a thread at Networking & Wireless where experts can take a look at your specific situation. And again, this has nothing to do with incompatibility.

Beans

1) Version Of Ubuntu: 20.04
    2) Laptop Maker: HP
    3) Laptop Model: ZHAN 66 Pro A 14 G4 (HP Probook 445 G8), AMD Ryzen 5800u.
    4) Known Issue:
    - Screen brightness is not adjustable.
    - HDMI port doesn't work
    - USB-C doesn't work when connect to external display

Beans

1) Version Of Ubuntu = Xubuntu 20.04 and 20.10
    2) Laptop Maker = Lenovo
    3) Laptop Model Ideapad Flex 5 14ARE05
    4) Known Issue:
    No touchpad at all, currently no fix present. !Only on this model! Others have fixes.
    Current wacom driver is bugged, can be replaced with source input-wacom as fix.
    Suspend is mostly not working, one core has high load after resume, nothing visible in task manager, system lags.
    Fingerprint reader not working, no fix.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast