Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

Toshiba Tecra M11
    Ubuntu 12.04, Unity

The nouveau open-source nvidia drivers don't work properly. The nvidia drivers got broken by Unity. But, it seems other desktops (xfce) for 12.04 also won't work right for this nvidia graphics machine. This is a machine that worked like a champ for 10.04. [In 10.04 I had a wifi prob, but that turned out to be the network manager. Uninstalled that, installed wicd, and all was good.]

Outside of graphics issues, what worked in 10.04 seems to work in 12.04. But problem vid is enough to cancel my subscription, know what I mean? I can get 2-D to work, but still with multi-monitor setup issues. Too much work!

Beans

1. Ubuntu 12.04
    2. Toshiba
    3. Toshiba Satellite L850-18T
    4. I recently bought notebook Toshiba Satellite l850-18t - SPECS and i have problem with 2 usb ports, i think with 2 usb 3.0 porst on the left side and with drivers for my ati radeon 7670m.

1. Only 1 usb port works, and other 2 on the left side dont work neither with 2.0 or 3.0 usb drives... When i plug-in usb nothing happen...

2. I cant find drivers for my graphic card and linux finds some for ati radeon 6*** older version...

please help me

Beans

1)Version Of Ubuntu 12.10
    2)Laptop Maker Asus
    3)Laptop Model N53SV
    4)Known Issue There is no way to properly install the geforce gt450m drivers. After installing it in many ways the resolution is back to 800 x 600 and the only way to restore is is to uninstall the drivers and restore the original ubuntu drivers

Beans

1)Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
    2)Sony
    3)Vaio E series with AMD HD 7650M
    4)Video doesn't works

Beans

1. ubuntu 11.10
    2. toshiba
    3. Satellite L655D
    4. the touchpad never worked and haven't been able to get it to. the radeon 4200 graphics card is a serious problem, at its best its okay, at worst i have to do a reinstall of ubuntu. also it generally seems to run hot and noisy.

Beans

Post Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1135 and neither the fan nor the built in mousepad are working.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

1) Version Of Ubuntu 12.04 to recent
    2) Laptop Maker Dell
    3) Laptop Model XPS M1730
    4) Known Issue Install from bootable CD/DVD/USB only provides a rotating screen of solid colors (ie green, blue, red, white, etc). I have tried every post providing help for this model without success.

I did find others had success with other versions of Linux such as Fedora so I will give some others a go and report back. I really wish I could have had Ubuntu work on the laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unhappy Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

This laptop HP Pavilion g6-2313AX is completely incompatible with Ubuntu whereas it works nice even with windows 8 default installation. Here are its spces:
    Hardware
    Product Name: g6-2313ax
    Microprocessor: 2.3 GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M
    Microprocessor Cache: 4 MB L2 cache
    Memory: 6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7660G/7670M Dual GPU (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
    Display: 15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
    Hard Drive: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
    Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.11b/g/n
    Keyboard: Full-size island-style keyboard
    Pointing Device TouchPad supporting multi-touch gestures and on/off button
    PC Card Slots: Multi-format digital media card reader for secure digital cards & multimedia cards
    Operating System: FreeDOS

OS installed: Dual boot. Windows 8 64 bit and Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit

Starting with processor:2.3 GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M
    Processor always run on full power/speed while on Windows 8 processor remains silent and make even less noise while running heavy programs on Windows 8. On Ubuntu even if I open Software Sources than the processor goes wild and whole system goes slow and other application stops responding.

Video Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 7660G/7670M Dual GPU (2 GB DDR3 dedicated):
    Ubuntu System Details says unknown Graphics. It does not detect 7670M Graphics card.After installing ATI drivers from Software Center it gives option to use Open source driver or proprietary driver. After selecting proprietary driver GUI desktop does not boot. After removing fglrx from command line desktop again starts working after reboot.

Display:15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768):
    Brightness does not work at all. There is tweak to add few words in grup file. But that works only if upgraded kernel like 3.7.8 is installed.

Wireless Connectivity:Bluetooth, 802.11b/g/n
    Neither wireless nor Bluetooth works with ubuntu. Wireless works with Ralink RT3290 firmware but only with upgraded Linux kernel to 3.7.8. Even after few minutes wifi stopped working and it says device not ready. Bluetooth never worked.

Keyboard:Full-size island-style keyboard
    Keyboard works works fine except the wifi on/off button light indicator. But it is able to turn off and on the external wifi dongle. Brightness key works but brightness does not change on the screen.

Pointing Device:TouchPad supporting multi-touch gestures and on/off button
    It works but TouchPad on.off button does not work.

Don't know about Card reader, HDMI output and other things. Very bad laptop. Waiting for the new release of Ubuntu 13.04 otherwise have to switch back to windows for this laptop to work for me.
    My desktop and other laptop with Intel board and processor without grapic card is running smooth from the day I bought them and nothing is supported on AMD laptop from HP .Will never buy AMD again.
    Last edited by khatkarrohit; February 17th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Beans

Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

1. 12.10 64
    2. Toshiba
    3. Satellite L855-149
    4. Standard graphics drivers are OK but a reboot is required after playing some full screen games. ATI driver cause the laptop to reboot into terminal mode. I have to purge fglrx to get back to unity.

Beans

Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

1. 12.04 64
    2. Toshiba
    3. L855-149
    4. trying to downgrade to LTS version from 12.10. I've tried booting from CD and USB but I get nothing after grub. CD and USB work fine in my desktop.

any suggestions will be gratefully received.
    thanks

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast