Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Re: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

If you run synclient in terminal you can see that "RBCornerButton = 3", so if you tab your pad two times in the lower right corner you will right-click as well.
    You can also tap the pad with two fingers at the same time to right-click.

Right-click by a two finger touch + one click doesn't work...........yet
    Last edited by alf65; October 4th, 2016 at 08:12 PM.

Beans

Lenovo G40-30 wifi issue with 16.04.1 LTS

loaded Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS onto a Lenovo G40-30 laptop. Wifi adapter did not function.

HARDWARE: Qualcom Atheros QCA9565/ AR9565 wifi chip set
    DRIVER: ath9k
    note that this combination of chip set and driver are listed as working out of the box per: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ha...kCardsQualcomm

SYMPTOMS:
    From within the GUI: the Network Manager would not turn on wifi (the slider switch stuck in the off position). Additionally clicking on the top bar of the GUI and "enabling Wifi" turned the option from grey to white, but otherwise did not enable wifi.
    From terminal session: "rfkill list all" indicated that the Wireless LAN was "Hard Blocked". This is generally indicative of either a) a physical switch on the laptop turning the wifi antenna off, or b) the wifi adapter is disabled in the BIOS.

Confirmed that the Lenovo G40-30 laptop model has no physical wifi antenna switch (or keyboard button with wifi disabling function). Confirmed that the wifi adapter was enabled in the BIOS.

RESOLVED:
    Removing the "ideapad-laptop" module from the kernal via instructions found here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2238087 got the wifi working again. I am not sure what other effect the removal of the module may have had.

NOTE: it appears that a known issue with the "ideapad-laptop" module has persisted from Ubuntu version 14.04 through present. I am not sure where (or how) to report the potential bug / hardware incompatibility to the Ubuntu development team.

Beans

Ubuntu 16.10
    Asus
    T100HA

After the grub, it shows a black screen.

Beans

UBUNTU 16.04 LTS
    DELL
    XPS15 9550 laptop, with preinstalled WIN10 Home, I7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD type: PC300 NVMe SK hynix-SMSNG PM951.
    I'd like to install alongside WIN10 the UBUNTU 16.04 using a properly made bootable UBUNTU 16.04 USB stick.
    Using this USB stick I can boot and run the live version of UBUNTU 16.04 on RAM, but when I'm trying to install UBUNTU on this laptop I can't see the internal SSD at all and I can't install UBUNTU any further.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR
    UBUNTU 16.04, 17.04, 17.10 beta daily build (Sept 7, 2017).

Trackpad doesn't work with default linux kernel bundled with ubuntu. Upgrading the kernel lets the computer identify the trackpad but it stops working after about 5 seconds.

Submitted bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196863
    Forum help post: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2370833

Hopefully you from the future will find a fix at one of those two links!
    To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.
    Bronson Alcott, 1799-1888

Beans

Acer Nitro 5 with GPU AMD RX 550 - unable to install Ubuntu (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2375169)

Beans

eePC after installing 17.04, I was asked to upgrade to 17.10 ArtfulArvark/Ububtu desktop. After installing 17.10, unable to use eePC.
    While booting Ubuntu is spread across the screen in rows of pixels (not able to read it but that's what previous version showed), the thinking dots appear at least 4 times across the screen.
    After boot finishes, the expected login list is not readable (again pixelated), the icons at the top right of the screen are visible. When clicked the calendar is half cut off, the only usable icon is the power off.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Lenovo Thinkpad Twist s230u

Ubuntu 16.04.1 - worked fine with some tweaks: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Instal...Thinkpad_Twist
    - custom script to toggle the touchpad
    - grub GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to deal with invalid launchpad bug #1210748

Ubuntu 16.04.4 - multiple apparently unresolvable issues: random loss of mouse/keyboard and erratic power management (ACPI) behavior.
    - does not stay suspended and wakes up or reboots instead of suspend/shutdown, shuts down if power cable is removed (with full battery)
    - Bluetooth mouse stops working during regular use (bluetooh disabled, messages complain about missing firmware, adding said firmware does not work reliably - mouse is detected but not paired, mouse still disappears but no error messages?). Suspend/resume fixes mouse, bluetooh service restart sometimes works.
    - USB keyboard and mouse disappear and not always detected on reconnecting. (built-in mouse still works): https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2384486

Shortly, is seems that after several Ubuntu 16.04 updates the laptop becomes a nuisance and constant googling and tinkering with config files and hacks is required.
    I do not recommend running any Linux on this laptop unless you are a masochist or have the ability/desire to fix these bugs.

Beans

1) Version Of Ubuntu: 18.04 LTS
    2) Laptop Maker: acer
    3) Laptop Model: Apire 7 - A715-71796T
    4) Known Issue: After booting via Pendrive Keyboard and Mouse or Mouse pad froze. I can't click anywhere or type anything.

Beans

1) Version Of Ubuntu: 18.04 LTS
    2) Laptop Maker: Metabox (Clevo)
    3) Laptop Model: Metabox Alpha N850EJ (Clevo N850EJ)
    4) Known Issue: Install freezes. Ubuntu Server installs OK, however installing ubuntu-desktop freezes the thing. Likely due to the BIOS Metabox provides - some other Clevo resellers (not in Australia) sell Clevo with Ubuntu

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast