Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

1) Version Of Ubuntu --- 11.10.

2) Laptop Maker is --- Toshiba.

3) Laptop Model is --- P775-S7320 with the 64 bit i7-2670 CPU.

4) Known Issue is that --- the headphones only work if I pull the plug 1/2 way out of the socket.

It was working before but I see posts referring to loss of sound after update and this might also be my problem.

It has and still does work fine in Windows 7.

Everything else seems fine.

24 hours later

Today it is working. I don't know if it was a temporary "reboot and now it works" type of thing or what.
    Last edited by archangel2003; February 19th, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

Beans

Video Card Driver Problem

I Have A Dell Inspiron 15R M5110 With An AMD-A8 3500M APU. The Graphics Card Is An AMD Radeon HD 6620G (Mobile Graphics Card). Apparently There Is No Graphics Driver For This Card On Ubuntu, Therefore There is a Blank Screen. This Happens Every Time I Put In My Ubuntu 11.10 CD. Fedora 15 Works, Although It Says "Could Not Find A Compatible Driver For Your Graphics Card. Because Your Graphics Card Is Not Compatible Fedora Switched You To GNOME 2 As A Fallback". I Hope Ubuntu Fixes This In The Next Release. I Can't Fix It Because I Can't See What I'm Doing! I Have Not Tried Hooking Up A External Monitor. Probably Wouldn't Work Anyway. I Have Ubuntu 11.04. I Have Not Tried It Yet. Here's The Problem With That: If 11.04 Does Work, (It Uses GNOME 2 For Unity) If I Try To Upgrade From 11.04 to 11.10 I'm Back To The Same Problem, A Blank Screen. Any Reply Would Be Helpful.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frankyyyy View Post
    1) OS: Unbuntu 11.04 LTS (automated detected AMD64 ver)
    2) Make: Toshiba
    3) Model: F750 (i7 2670qm 64bits)
    4) Issue: Can't complete the installation. The kernel message looks no error, the final line it hangs is
    [5.795250] usbhid:USB HID core driver

I also tried i386 version, and I saw crash in kernel message.
    I know my laptop is quite new(released end of last month), would appreciate if someone could help on this. I really need to install Ubuntu into this laptop. Thanks a lot in advance.
    i now how you resolve that problem...

if you are using a cd u press F6 on start and use nomodeset option.. then it will start.

on usb i dont no to user option on start.

then you will have problems with video card... i have the f750-120 and worked for me

1º install nvidia card on aditional drivers
    restart
    2º make all updates (then the intell hd300 will be instaled)
    3º to use the nvidia card you will have to install ironhide use these link Optimus Support - Ironhide Project - Linux Mint Community

i hope that can hellp

after these i have some problems with webcam is to dark on skype, and because ironhide is not fully done some problems will ocure.. but the system works very well... mic and every thng else works...

Beans

Toshiba
    Model Number. PS427A-ON152
    Serial Number. 20013324J
    It came with winXP. Which it can still install.
    It can take Puppy by CD or from its HD.
    It can not take any other linux. Even Xubuntu.

Beans

HP Pavilion g6 with AMD Radeon HD 6520G + 7450M Dual GPU

Ubuntu 11.10 - black screen on boot
    10.10 works fine except i can't install ati catalist
    headphones won't work
    webcam - fail
    audio - some issues

Beans

ok so i have a laptop emachine E527 i have installed (11.10) ubuntu in it using a external monitor because when whne i booted using the live use my laptop screen goes black automatically ... but if i see very carefully i am able to see the background and my ubuntu is working fine but it too dull and black to do any thing.... i adjusted the lighting but its still the same ... it the video driver playing up ... need help pliz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unbuntu Version: 11.10
    Laptop Maker: HP
    Laptop Model: Pavilion dv7
    Known Problems: 2

Problem 1: Known problems with the proprietary driver for the ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6700M series video card. Using that video card creates problems with the 3.x version of Gnome and late versions of KDE as well as cause the laptop to run excessively hot (with commiserate fan speed noise and power consumption). The easiest workaround is to use Unity. However, the dv7 has *two* video cards, an Intel card and the Radueon 6700M. Fortunately, you can shut the Radion card down and use the Intel card exclusively, which is the better fix unless and until Radeon fixes its Linux driver. There are instructions on the Ubuntu Forum for shutting down the Radeon card.

Problem 2: The touchpad will not shut off. You can disable the touchpad in Windows by double-tapping the upper left corner of the touchpad. An orange light will appear and (in Windows) the touchpad will be diabled. However, upon rebooting into Linux, the orange light remains, but the touchpad is enabled. Double-tapping the upper left corner of the touchpad does *not* disable the touchpad. Moreover, changing the touchpad settings in Gnome or Unity (such as diabling it while typing) has no effect. There are no BIOS settings with which you can toggle to disable the touchpad. If you use the keyboard often, the position and sensitivity of the touchpad can cause a wide range of typing errors that are very annoying (to say the least). The only real way to disable the touchpad is to cover it with something stiff, like plastic, wood or metal so that the touchpad cannot get a signal.

Beans

1. Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 2.
    2. Hp laptop.
    3. hp pavilion g6-1201tx.

4. "Sleep" when i close the laptop the laptop doesn't go to sleep, instead it just pretends to go in sleep by stop reading the hard disk. I need to restart it in such circumstances as just the black screen appears.

5. "Configurable graphics card", i don't want that the AMD Radeon 6470M to work continousely during normal work, it creates heating effact and low battery performance.

6. "Brightness" can't be controlled with, there is no affect of increasing or decreasing brightness.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Beans

Cool Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

I didn't get a complete install of 11.10 on a HP 210 mini netbook. Most of it seems to work (so far) except the session bar does not appear on the bottom of the screen. I can access the shutdown menu by cycling the power switch briefly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Acer Aspire 5334 Black screen of death on upgrade to any Ubuntu version beyond 10.04. I just checked today and found a thread by another guy who said 12.04 STILL has this same problem. I can't believe this has been going on this long. I am missing out on a bunch of functionality I need in the later versions and am unable to upgrade.

FattyZ
    FattyZ

I just copy and paste commands into the terminal from the internet. It either gets fixed or it stops working.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast