Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

fujitsu st4120 [and other variants]

intel i810 graphic chip not supported

runs fine in 'low resolution graphics mode', if u can get it there.

ubuntu 10.04 lts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthong View Post
    Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 32-bit
    Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ499
    AMD Fusion C-50, HD 6250

Can never get it to wake after closing lid
    Letting Ubuntu get the display drivers results in the AMD-unsupported watermark. Installing the latest Catalyst manually does the trick here. Unfortunately, it won't play Youtube 720p- which is my main requirement
    WiFi works, but for some reason refuses to show after 3rd-4th reinstall (had to go back to the bundled Win Starter)

Just need it to be able to handle 720p H.264... will attempt to get it to work next week before I have to return it. If anyone has any ideas, that would help!

I can help with the lid issue. The computer is set to suspend when you close the lid. Click on the Battery icon on the panel and change the properties to only turn the screen off when the lid is closed. Make sure you do this for both option tabs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

=> Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 LTS
    => HP Mini
    => 110-3014TU
    - Sound Doesn't work. But work normally after install ALSA Driver.
    - WLAN Doesn't work. I've try any solution that given by Ubuntu, Forum member, and HP Forum, but nothing works. Please help me.
    - Camera, Doesn't work. I don't know how to make camera work. This is my first day to have Netbook(i bought yesterday)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthong View Post
    Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 32-bit
    Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ499
    AMD Fusion C-50, HD 6250

Can never get it to wake after closing lid
    Letting Ubuntu get the display drivers results in the AMD-unsupported watermark. Installing the latest Catalyst manually does the trick here. Unfortunately, it won't play Youtube 720p- which is my main requirement
    WiFi works, but for some reason refuses to show after 3rd-4th reinstall (had to go back to the bundled Win Starter)

Just need it to be able to handle 720p H.264... will attempt to get it to work next week before I have to return it. If anyone has any ideas, that would help!
    Hey, i just purchased an acer ao522 also and am having the same issue with the watermark. I installed windows 7 x64 for the time being and have been searching for a fix to the ubuntu driver issue. It seems amd has not yet released drivers to support the 6250 on linux yet? but i did find these drivers..don't know how to install them though
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=OTA3Nw

If your back to Windows I'm not sure if this is the issue with the 720p but is directx updated and i found this http://www.cccp-project.net/ and have it installed and have no issues playing back 720.

I also seem to be having an over heating issue..today while on the train I had the netbook in my bag, not turned off, just sleeping and when I woke it up and closed some applications and when to turn on a movie..it got EXTREMELY hot in the bottom left corner of the screen and under the power button, Also, in the middle of the screen right by the letter 'a' in acer there a little circle the size of a screw that looks to have melted the plastic of the screen going to talk to acer tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu Desktop 32 bit 10.10
    Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905
    Problem: Suspend function very erratic

This laptop is now almost 2 years old so it may not be of much interest to viewers considering a new equipment purchase. I can not find any issues with things like wifi,the camera, sound or graphics but have not tested every feature e.g. card reader.

Fn+F3 key will suspend the system as will using Suspend from the pull down menu. The problem is that many times if suspend has been activated for a long time (say an hour or so) it either will not resume or I will find the computer partially active with a glowing dark screen and the cpu fan on high speed. At this point it needs to be rebooted by holding down the power button to shut down and restarted.
    There are many suggestions in the forums for suspend problems but so far things such as new powermangement packages from Synaptic and adding custom files to /etc/pm/ have all failed.
    The Medium is the Message

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Cool Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

Ubuntu 10.10
    Toshiba
    M750-S7212
    The problem is random crashing of Ubuntu, as in it just completely freezes, my fan goes crazy, and I have to hard reboot. It crashes hard enough that the syslogs have so far been devoid of any outputs related to the crashes. I have seen suggestions that it might be temperature problems when my CPU is at a high load, but this often happens when I only have Chrome open and am reading a text page, so the CPU can't have been strained. My suspend and hibernate functions have also been erratic. The suspend sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, same as hibernate.
    Other people with similar hardware have reported the same issues with 10.10, but then other people again have not had any problems with 10.10. I also know that one of the people the was having problems with 10.10 didn't have this random crashing problem with 10.04, and as such has switched back to Windows. I'll see about getting more detailed hardware info from the others having problems. (When I said similar hardware above, I meant Toshiba M7--.) This would be really nice if it was fixed in 11.04. I would have downgraded to 10.04 myself, except that total customization would take a few hours and I'd rather not do that.

Edit: Other users:
    Toshiba M700 works fine with 10.10
    Last edited by Dubslow; February 10th, 2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: adding a line

Beans
    Distro

1.)Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 (32 and 64 versions), Xubuntu 10.10 only 32 version
    2.)MSI
    3.)MSI CX620MX
    4.)Dual graphic card (Ati radeon HD545V and Intel's graphic card in CPU)

When I was booting up the laptop with Ubuntu I got an error on a virtual address.

Xubuntu was working fine until I installed graphic drivers for Ati. After that the laptop did't want to boot up.

Beans

Ubuntu 10.10 64bit
    HP EliteBook (core I5, 6gig ram)

Fingerprint drivers not available for Validity Fingerprint Hardware.
    lsusb recognizes it properly only after I update the lsusb.

Bheju

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

1) 10.10
    2)Asus
    3)G60Jx
    4)Xserver freeze on startup on live cd, keyboard luminosity can't be change, can't suspend/hibernate
    bool doYouWantToFixMyComputer(Computer &my_computer)
    {
    return false;
    }

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu 10.10 Mawerick Meerkat

Medion Akoya E7214 laptop

Integrated webcam and integrated microphone are not being recognised at all

lsusb says:

ej@ej-E7214:/dev$ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 006: ID 043d:00ff Lexmark International, Inc. InkJet Color Printer
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 043d:007d Lexmark International, Inc. Photo 3150
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 045e:0023 Microsoft Corp. Trackball Optical
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 043d:007a Lexmark International, Inc. Generic Hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:0138 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    ej@ej-E7214:/dev$

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast