Page 37 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Laptop COMPATABILITY List.

Ubuntu Netbook 10.10 (installed)& Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 (run off bootable USB).
    Acer
    Aspire One D250 Netbook

Wireless works out of the box with both. Webcam works in cheese, otherwise untested. Volume and brightness controls work fine. Not tested mic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thumbs down Re: Laptop COMPATABILITY List.

1).dual boot xp---Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
    2).Gateway
    3).Gateway mt3705

4).insert cd----instal---that's it ,works fine without

any extra drivers(updates only)...happy new year!!

Beans

Ubuntu 10.10

Hp Mini

HP mini 310. Ubuntu worked fine for a good 2 weeks, before my pc just wont finish boot. Keeps coming to a generic black screen and when i press either of thr options it will continue then start halt sequence. Can anyone help.

Beans

hi
    ubuntu 10.10 mostly works on an eee pc 1000H with the netbook edition.
    wireless works in every instance except for when resuming from suspend with battery power only - strangely it works when plugged into the mains. Turning off wifi (with the working hot keys) and then re-enabling it works fine.

However, suspend to ram does not work properly without modifications.
    It was necessary to modify /etc/default/grub
    and change
    GRUB_CMBLINE_LINUX=""
    to
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_sleep=nonvs"
    and issue a "sudo update-grub" command

Other users have complained about hibernate not working - I have not had this problem but I installed using manual paritions and ensured that my swap partition was larger than my ram size.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Dual Boot with win7 on C and 10.10 maverick on sda5.
    Laptop Model: T500
    Make: Lenovo, 3gb ram
    Installation of ubuntu - it was a breeze, detection of wi-fi, wired, software install, drivers all is working smooth without any hitch.

i even use virtual box so someday i ll have to think of making an exit from win7 on drive c !!!
    Ubuntu + Linux = UbunTux !!! Gr8 combo !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ubuntu 10.10

Gateway

NV54

I burned Ubuntu 10.10 (64bit) .ISO to a DVD, then loaded Ubuntu on a partition along side Windows 7 (64 bit). Starting the laptop will give you the option of booting Windows 7 or Ubuntu, both of which work perfectly.

Ubuntu supports all devices out of the box, including the built in wireless network card and the web cam. You need to install a program such as "Cheese webcam booth" to use the camera, but you don't need to worry about driver support for the hardware. Same for the Atheros AR5B93 network card, works right away. Depending on your personal network configuration, different things may have to be done to get your Ubuntu machine to connect to a windows network and interface with shared network folders and drives. If you're not familiar with Ubuntu, its more difficult to find the information about what needs to be done than actually doing it.

Beans

Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition

HP

mini 110-3000 CTO

This model, and many others in the 110 series, will freeze on shut down. This is a bug with a wirless driver that does not exist. You will have to enter the terminal to blacklist the drivers. Answers can be found in the threads.

Beans

Gateway 6020gz with Ubuntu 10.10 installed. Wireless card (Broadcom) works perfectly with 10.10, wasn't so with earlier installations. Only issues noted so far are graphics problems when using the FN button to either turn up the volume or lighten/darken the monitor. The functions work, however the on-screen graphic that represents these functions is just a box of static.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

1)Version Of Ubuntu 10.10 64bit Maverick
    2)Laptop Maker HP Compaq
    3)Laptop Model
    6715b (2x AMD Turion, 4GB memory)

It is working very well. Except the finger print reader which I don't need anyway.
    The 3D speed on the ATI X1250 video card is much better than on previous releases.
    Still only about 14fps so no good for gaming but compiz effects work well. (3D cube)
    Sketchup 8 running under XPpro in VirtualBox works fine.

Not sure if the accelerometer is doing anything to protect the hard drive but it is detected.

There is a bug when the lid is closed. It is set to "Blank screen" in the power management utility but when the lid is opened I get a Shutdown window and I am unable to select Cancel. All the keys and cursor are inoperative. It then shuts down in 60 seconds.

Update: with Kernel 2.6.35-24-generic the "Blank Screen issue is fixed (6th. Jan 2011)
    Last edited by coldraven; January 6th, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

1. Ubuntu 10.10 + Educational suite.
    2. HP.
    3. Presario CQ62-227TU

Standard issue 2g RAM. Everything works from a standard installation of Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit.
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer - Paul Ehrlich

Page 37 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast