Page 150 of 184 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1834

Thread: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Dell
    Inspiron 15 7537 ("7000 Series"); no discrete graphics; 1TB 5400 RPM drive
    Ubuntu 13.10

Works pretty darn well (Saucy is my default boot) except:

* Transparency effects often show as checkerboarding (particularly bad on Gnome3 Activities view, or Steam)
    * Dual-booting with Windows 8.1; when rebooting Win->Ubuntu, sound won't work in Ubuntu until laptop is powered off and on again
    * Sometimes shutdown acts like reboot (doesn't stay off); sometimes works properly
    * Hibernation appears not to work (EFI issue?)
    * Sleep mode resumes about 95% of the time; when not, have to do 5-sec power button press
    * Bluetooth seems to be too aggressive w/ power saving; can take 5 sec to wake with my old Logitech BT mouse after sleeping w/3 secs inactivity
    * Battery indicator icon seems very slow to appear until something triggers like manual brightness adjustment
    * Haven't tested SD reader

Beans

Re: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Dont disable UEFI.If you have UEFI Motherbord batter install on EUFI Ubuntu.(Best thng to check is when you boot in to ubuntu in uefi mode the background colour shold be black instead of pink).you may search over internet to boot Ubuntu in eufi mode.

Beans

Ubuntu 13.10
    Apple Late 2009 White Unibody MacBook
    Installed 64 bit from disk image everything works except for brightness controls it shows onscreen but no effect on level of brightness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

-Lenovo G400s with Intel Core i5-3230m, 4Gb DDR3, 1Tb HDD and Intel Integrated HD graphics card.

-Ubuntu 13.10

Instaled from Ubuntu 13.10 DVD, it's working great. There was some issues with a black screen but i had to add the boot option 'nomodeset=0' to get it working. Later i had to eraser every trace of that option in grub.cfg to get my graphics driver working, including VGA/HDMI output. Everything else is working great, i haven't tried the webcam and mic though.

Beans

Were you able to get multitouch gesture features working on the trackpad for 3 or 4 finger gestures? Seems like the only thing working for me is basic two finger actions (scrolling, secondary click, etc.). Touchegg didn't seem to give me any luck either with the 7537.

Beans

Okay I purchased one of these laptops this morning Acer 15.6" E1-6497 and everything installed perfectly. I specifically purchased this laptop to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10 64 Bit. This laptop was perfect for Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Echoloc8 View Post
    Dell
    Inspiron 15 7537 ("7000 Series"); no discrete graphics; 1TB 5400 RPM drive
    Ubuntu 13.10

Works pretty darn well (Saucy is my default boot) except:

* Transparency effects often show as checkerboarding (particularly bad on Gnome3 Activities view, or Steam)
    * Dual-booting with Windows 8.1; when rebooting Win->Ubuntu, sound won't work in Ubuntu until laptop is powered off and on again
    * Sometimes shutdown acts like reboot (doesn't stay off); sometimes works properly
    * Hibernation appears not to work (EFI issue?)
    * Sleep mode resumes about 95% of the time; when not, have to do 5-sec power button press
    * Bluetooth seems to be too aggressive w/ power saving; can take 5 sec to wake with my old Logitech BT mouse after sleeping w/3 secs inactivity
    * Battery indicator icon seems very slow to appear until something triggers like manual brightness adjustment
    * Haven't tested SD reader
    Also own a Dell Inspiron 7537 and running Ubuntu 14.04. I believe I was able to solve the shutdown/reboot issue which I was also having. Simply running "sudo sync" seemed to work. If it reverts back to the old behavior I'll revisit this post. Does anyone understand why this would work as a solution? I don't know enough about sync to understand why this would correct that behavior.

Edit:I was too quick to post...come to find out sudo sync didn't fix it but I started to come across what I believe may be the issue. The shutdown sequence seems work properly when I have a device (specifically a USB mouse) plugged into a USB port (specifically the lower left port). Without the USB device in the port, the system performs a reboot rather than a shutdown. This leads me to believe that there may be a setting in the BIOS which I can modify. There are several USB settings which pertain to USB options that I'm going to test out. I've came across other posts with similar shutdown/reboot issues on other platforms where Ethernet Wake on LAN settings in the BIOS seemed to be causing the issue which leads me to believe this could be something similar.
    Last edited by jboomgaarden; March 7th, 2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: font issue

Beans

Asus
    F5R / F50R (depends on which label you read)
    Ubuntu 13.10

After getting Atheros wifi driver to work, solid and 99.9% fully functional, page slider on trackpad not working (not problem really).

Beans

Dell Latitude e6410 and Latitude D630, both have NVidea and both have worked well from 12.04 to 13.10

Beans

Lenovo thinkpad edge E335 suspend > resume doesn't work !

Page 150 of 184 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast