Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiz slow in Lucid kernel, run normail in karmic kernel

Beans

Re: Compiz slow in Lucid kernel, run normail in karmic kernel

@davidmohammed,

I try to activate Loose Binding while using old kernel. It doesn't show any effect, since the compiz run normally here. I reboot my laptop and using latest kernel. Even with Loose Binding and Indirect Rendering ticked, it still slow.

However, when I un-tick both checkbox, then only activate Indirect Rendering option, the compiz now running normally, just like when I'm using old kernel.

I don't know if this related, but it seema that deactivate Indirect Rendering then reactivate it make the compiz now working well. I need to reconfirm this by rebooting. If it still working well, then it is the reason and solution for those who had similar problems with mine.

Beans

I have reboot my laptop. Compiz slow again. Looks like I had to spend a few minute to disable then re-enable Indirect Rendering to make the desktop usable.

Is there any way to automate this process, instead of doing it manually? Via command line maybe, I can do a command to disable indirect rendering, pause, then re-enable it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

compiz settings (I think) are stored in ~/.gconf/apps/compiz

suggest rename and folder to something else - it should get recreated when you switch from "no effects" to "normal effects" in the visual effects tab.
    mark your thread as [SOLVED], use Thread Tools on forum page.

Beans

~/.gconf/apps/compiz folder mostly have empty %gconf.xml file. I cannot found Indirect Rendering and Loose Binding settings in there. It only store the effect that I have set.

The problems is not with the effects. When I deactivate then reactivate Indirect Rendering, compiz with my settings run normally. I just need to know a way to do deactivate-reactivate automatically when I start the laptop. I haven't try it after waking up from hibernate yet. I'll post my findings later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12