Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone jailbreak

Beans

Thumbs up iphone jailbreak

Does anyone know how to jailbreak an iphone with ubuntu?

Beans

Thumbs down Re: iphone jailbreak

I inserted a t-mobile sim card in my iphone and it doesnt work ato and i heard there is a way to make it function with third parties software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: iphone jailbreak

depends, do u mean jailbreak or baseband unlock?
    Im not racist, i hate everybody equally!

Beans

I just want to be able to use my T-mobile service with the iphone. I was able to crack it open and replace the att sim card but when switch the phone it displays: INVALID SIM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

then what u want is a baseband unlock. to help, however, ill need the specifics of you device. what version phone is it, and what iOs version?

Beans

I have a 3GS 16GB iphone and the iOS is OS X

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I mng to jailbreak & unlock my iDevices in VirtualBox with windows as a guest. Back then I used blackra1n for the jailbreak for a starter, dont know what works nowadays. That you'll have to lookup yourself Good luck

Beans

Will xpwn work for what im trying to do with the 3G (baseband unlock) and if it does what are the steps to get it on ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i need to know what version the firmware on your iphone is. in settings, general, about, post the number next to version. after that i can get started telling you how to get started!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Dacman48: same issue here - waiting for the Dell Streak release and already kissing my walled garden that the iPhone 3GS is goodbye. So why not messing with it I figured.

I have firmware 3.0 and tried redsn0w under virtualbox XP (didn't work, iPhone won't reconnect after rescue boot [home+power]). I also tried jailbreaking with redsn0w with a Linux version but even the developers don't seem to know whether that works and how to do it (looks like they are mostly Mac users).

I tried to follow the "instructions" (actually, there are none) here: http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2009/...k-unlock-tool/

I next wanted to unlock it to use an ATT SIM with 3G capabilities I got on Amazon.com. That'll make for a nice go-phone for my relatives who visit for 1 month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast