Thread: SoMd Members?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile SoMd Members?

Just joined - happy to see a Linux group available! But on first look it seems more northerly oriented. . . any members / meeting sites in Southern Maryland? There used to be a LUG down around Leonardtown, but when I checked last it was defunct.

I'm pretty busy but would really like to get together with other Linux enthusiasts and learn a bit more about it. Have used various distros over the years, from Slackware & Xandros to PCLinuxOS and finally Ubuntu and Mint.

I'm a little lazy, and prefer things to just work when I want to get something done, so have done not much with the CL except when I had a problem and that offered a fix. I bought a Ubuntu book a couple of years ago, but didn't seem to get a lot out of it. Like I say, I'm pretty busy with work and other extracurricular activities, so I don't get to spend time fiddling with the computer much. It would put some life in it for me to have other real live humans to talk with about it - a little analog to balance the digital!

After years of installing on older hardware, mostly laptops, I bought a System76 laptop a few months ago and am extremely happy with it. It's the fastest, most capable computer I've ever owned, by a long shot. I also have a Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh that I like very much; an older Thinkpad dual-booting Ubuntu & Mint; and three computers at work, one of which runs Linux.

So that's me - hope to meet some of you soon and talk one of my favorite subjects: Linux & Ubuntu!

Reid
    System76 Ratel, Ubuntu 16.04; Thinkpad T420, UbuntuMATE 16.04; MacBook dual-booting UbuntuMATE 16.04; various other laptops/desktops with Ubuntu, Mint & Puppy. . . Long Live Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Southern MD Members

I haven't seen a lot of people from the southern part, but then again to me "Southern MD" is Howard County

A lot of the activity's around Howard County / Columbia area.
    --BK
    FSF Member #3145
    PubKey: 1E5BF363

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: SoMd Members?

I live in Hughesville (closer to Benedict) and work at Pax. I'm also pretty busy with the regular job and family life - especially during the summer - but tend to be bored during the colder months. Add me to the list of those who'd meet in SoMD to talk Linux, programming, and general computer hobbying.
    OpenSUSE: Dell Inspiron 8600 and Gateway GT5678
    MacOS X 10.5.8 PowerBook G4 12"
    Linux user #: 501795