Thread: Hoary+Diablo2+Cedega 4.2.1=Lockups on install..

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Hoary+Diablo2+Cedega 4.2.1=Lockups on install..

This is just killing me, my brother was talking about playing Diablo 2 again, so I decided what the heck, paid the $15 for Cedega, and tried to install Diablo 2.... well, after trying multiple kernels (from 2.6.8-2.6.10) I think I've finally given up. It keeps locking up on me. I finally got the install to run, but then when switching the Cinematics CD back to the Install CD my computer would lock up. I tried both of my CD-ROM drives and everything.

Any ideas?

Leech
    Wah! Wah! Life was more entertaining when I had 64KB of RAM in my computer.
    Neverwinter Nights Platinum HowTo

Beans

Re: Hoary+Diablo2+Cedega 4.2.1=Lockups on install..

Quote Originally Posted by leech
    This is just killing me, my brother was talking about playing Diablo 2 again, so I decided what the heck, paid the $15 for Cedega, and tried to install Diablo 2.... well, after trying multiple kernels (from 2.6.8-2.6.10) I think I've finally given up. It keeps locking up on me. I finally got the install to run, but then when switching the Cinematics CD back to the Install CD my computer would lock up. I tried both of my CD-ROM drives and everything.

Any ideas?

Leech
    No, but I have LOD working perfectly, and I didn't buy cedega
    Maybe you want to take a look here:http://www.frankscorner.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Thanks, I'll give that one a try. I'm tempted to try a few different games to see if I have any luck with Cedega. It's odd that it always does it on the same CD though.... I wonder if it'd work better if I just made ISOs, mounted them all, then installed...

It locks whether I use the right-click, eject in Nautilus, or if I hit the Eject button on the CD-rom drive itself....

Leech

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

I DID try wine (version 20050211-1 from wine.sourceforge.net) and all it said was "Please insert the Install CD" Then I'd put retry again and again, finally hit cancel and it said it couldn't find some file.

Leech

Beans

I've used the original diablo2 cds + expansions right here on ubuntu, and I've had no issues umounting them.
    I remember I had to set a couple of kernel options to make cedega happy, like this:
    in /etc/sysctl.conf:
    vm.legacy_va_layout = 1
    I've read that on the cedega FAQs, you should find more infos there.

Also to make the audio work if you use software mixing, I had to use winealsa.drv and disable mmap in ~/.transgaming/config

Maybe you could try to copy your diablo directory from windows, then follow the instructions on frankscorner.
    Last edited by piedamaro; February 15th, 2005 at 03:03 AM.