Thread: Button mappings on the Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Beans

Button mappings on the Logitech Performance Mouse MX

I am running Ubuntu 8.10, and I just got a Logitech Performance Mouse MX. My Google efforts have turned up mostly years-old posts in various places about how to get the MX Revolution working on old versions of Ubuntu (or other distros). I was wondering if anybody has done something more recently.

My mouse worked fine out of the box. But this is an upgrade from an MX Revolution, and I used to use the "Search" button on the Revolution to open a new browser window. For some reason, Logitech has switched the search button to be a hardware switch for the scroll wheel. Since the middle click on the scroll wheel doesn't seem to do anything, I would like that to be my open-a-new-browser-window button. I would also like to find things for the zoom button and the thumb button to do, since they're going to waste right now.

A minute of fooling around with xev tells me that the scroll wheel click is Button 2, the thumb button is Button 10, and the zoom button is Button 13. I just don't know what I need to do to tell these buttons to do what I want.

Step 1. Identify buttons.
    Step 2. ????????
    Step 3. Profit

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Button mappings on the Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Anybody?

New info: I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04, and I also have a new Logitech K350 wireless keyboard whose shortcut keys I would like to be able to program.

Beans

Re: Button mappings on the Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Fabián Rodríguez
    Ubuntu Quebec LoCo Team contact, UCP, UCI