Thread: Wireless randomly disconnects, only works again after reboot

Beans

Wireless randomly disconnects, only works again after reboot

I'm having a problem with my wireless connection. When it runs, it's perfect, but every once in a while (and increasingly more often) it randomly disconnects and doesn't reconnect when I click reconnect, even if I manually disconnect it. Every time this happens, I have to reboot the system, after which it works perfectly. Then it dies again.

I've checked around the forums, there are some similar threads but they seem to be specific to the wireless card. The reboot method works, but I'd really like to find a way to solve the problem without having to resolve to the Vulcan nerve pinch. I'm a real newbie to Linux and the more complex side of computers in general, and I hardly know what is what, so please excuse me if I seem a bit thick.

Thanks in advance! (:

Beans

Re: Wireless randomly disconnects, only works again after reboot

Having the same problem. I installed a "madwifi" driver for my atheros chipset... the wireless works ok until it randomly disconnects, then I can only reconnect after I restart the computer. I will let you know if I find a solution to this problem.