Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firefox 4 Beta Feedback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: Firefox 4 Beta Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Yep, but unlike other extensions buttons, it will come back next time you start Firefox
    Not for me it doesn't and I've just this moment updated to Beta 5.

Ignore me, I had the Feedback button disabled and removed from view.
    Last edited by scouser73; September 7th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: Firefox 4 Beta Feedback

lovinglinux

Thanks for the link. Sweet. I actually like the development theme and the name namaroka.

So, when the final release comes out if I disable the daily built ppa and enable the ubuntu firefox stable ppa which version would get updated, the beta version or the 3.6 with development addons, or neither and that I have to install ff4 stable afresh?

This is a test installation of Lucid on an external drive so I am not worried about playing fast and loose, in my working installation I use the stable built ppa, or "security" as it is called before the final release of ff4.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm using it now. The only way I can start the app is through the termianal with /usr/bin/firefox-4.0.
    Lucid Lynx 10.04LTS amd64 user.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    So, when the final release comes out if I disable the daily built ppa and enable the ubuntu firefox stable ppa which version would get updated, the beta version or the 3.6 with development addons, or neither and that I have to install ff4 stable afresh?
    I'm not sure, because currently Firefox 4 is installed separately. Nevertheless, the stable ppa page has a notice about Firefox 4, so I guess you will be able to upgrade from 3.6 to 4 with the stable ppa, once Firefox 4 final version is released. When that happens, remember that you are currently using a copy of your 3.6 profile, located on a different folder.

Quote Originally Posted by barney385 View Post
    I'm using it now. The only way I can start the app is through the termianal with /usr/bin/firefox-4.0.
    That's normal. You can also start it from the Internet menu. It should be listed as "Mozilla Developer Preview Browser" or something like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I'm not sure, because currently Firefox 4 is installed separately. Nevertheless, the stable ppa page has a notice about Firefox 4, so I guess you will be able to upgrade from 3.6 to 4 with the stable ppa, once Firefox 4 final version is released. When that happens, remember that you are currently using a copy of your 3.6 profile, located on a different folder.

That's normal. You can also start it from the Internet menu. It should be listed as "Mozilla Developer Preview Browser" or something like that.
    Nope. Not showing up for me for some reason.
    Lucid Lynx 10.04LTS amd64 user.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by barney385 View Post
    Nope. Not showing up for me for some reason.
    That is a problem. You can try to re-install Firefox 4 to see if the launcher appears or create a launcher in the menu manually.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Fully Firefox 4 beta as of today, I have everything working except ubufox . I have included a link to a browser FPS tester at Mozilla.org if interested. http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234