Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 wireless on Acer Aspire D250

Beans

Ubuntu 10.04 wireless on Acer Aspire D250

Hey there, I'm completely new to Ubuntu and just installed 10.04 LTS on my Acer Aspire D250 netbook. There seems to be a problem with the OS recoginizing my wireless card. I have installed Ubuntu over windows, I don't dual boot. I am able to access the internet when I use the LAN from my other computer.

The network controller in my netbook is the Broadcom BCM4312 and the ethernet controller is the Atheros AR8132, both of which I have searched for drivers online, to no avail. I'm not completely sure why Ubuntu isn't picking up my wireless network. Could my wireless card just not be functioning properly? Since I'm new to Ubuntu I'm really unsure what the problem is.. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 wireless on Acer Aspire D250

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaBray View Post
    Hey there, I'm completely new to Ubuntu and just installed 10.04 LTS on my Acer Aspire D250 netbook. There seems to be a problem with the OS recoginizing my wireless card. I have installed Ubuntu over windows, I don't dual boot. I am able to access the internet when I use the LAN from my other computer.

The network controller in my netbook is the Broadcom BCM4312 and the ethernet controller is the Atheros AR8132, both of which I have searched for drivers online, to no avail. I'm not completely sure why Ubuntu isn't picking up my wireless network. Could my wireless card just not be functioning properly? Since I'm new to Ubuntu I'm really unsure what the problem is.. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
    Hi, Am experiencing the same problem listed above. Can anyone offer any help please?. Downloaded what I'd thought was the correct driver however a 'missing compiler' error message appears unfortunately.
    Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions.
    Best Regards.