Thread: If any LoCo needs supplies we can help the best we can

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

If any LoCo needs supplies we can help the best we can

First off I don't want this to sound like an ad but Im not sure if there is a way around it.

Hello, we're Hometown Graphics a small vinyl shop south west of Chicago. We do all kinds of vinyl work... sticker T-shirts, Banners, Store fronts, and more.

I just wanted to offer our services to anyone that may need something for their LoCo. We are a new member of Chicago Illinois LoCo. We hope that our work schedule may slow down a bit just to be able to get to the next meeting and really get involved.

I posted a little bit about us on the welcome thread in Illinois. I just think its very interesting that with help from a friend of mine, we have been able to go 100% Linux. Up until just a few months ago it wasn't able to be done reliable and consistent.

Now we design in Ubuntu using Inkscape, Sk1, and Xara Xtreme and we use a program that was built to be able to send the HPGL to the cutter. I just don't think there is anything better than designing in Linux and cutting in Linux. Everyone else uses Windows to cut.

There are a few people that have used this program also. We're the only ones that we know of that is running a business with it.

Thanks for your time and hope to meet some of the great people at the next get together.

Ken and Tina Sokolinski

Hometown Graphics
    hometowngraphics@comast.net
    Last edited by kmrs75; July 20th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans
    Distro

Re: If any LoCo needs supplies we can help the best we can

I just wanted to share some of the stuff we came up with. and were planning on making some shirts, maybe banners, posters, and more

here is our pictures
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by kmrs75 View Post
    I just wanted to offer our services to anyone that may need something for their LoCo. We are a new member of Chicago Illinois LoCo. We hope that our work schedule may slow down a bit just to be able to get to the next meeting and really get involved.
    Will you be offering discounts to locos which are interested?

I know a lot of teams get things done by local shops who do things for free or heavily discounted to support the team.
    Elizabeth Krumbach // pleia2 // lyz@ubuntu.com
    http://princessleia.com

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth View Post
    Will you be offering discounts to locos which are interested?

I know a lot of teams get things done by local shops who do things for free or heavily discounted to support the team.
    o yes we do a lot of fund raising for different groups.

there is a lot of different options that can be done

t-shirts both short and long sleeve and hoodie we cant do them for free but we would lower the price for the locos as much as we can.

we can personalize each shirt with name or handle on the sleeves.

a window decal or banners would be also lowered as much as we can

we have a small website if any loco wants we can add there group to that site and they can order a single item or order in bulk or everyone in the loco and giveaways at there meetings.

we are very flexible if there is something someone is looking for just get a hold of us at hometowngraphics@comcast.net