Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: external encoding in rubyripper

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

external encoding in rubyripper

THERE IS A SUMMMARY OF ALL INFO FROM THESE 4 PAGES SCROLL 2 THIRDS DOWN PAGE 3 OF THE THREAD

ok rubyripper is designed to be the EAC for linux

and in this thread here mc4man very kindly gave me the
    other box encode line for mp3HD slightly modified to give a 320kbps on the lossy aspect of the file

Code:
    mp3hdEncoder  -br 320000 -if "%i" -of "%o".mp3 - -Title "%t" -Artist "%a" -Album "%b" -Track "%n" -Year "%y" -Genre "%g"
    ALSO IMPORTANT

MAke sure you have Lame installed on your synaptic the encoding relies on it for the lossy part and make it executable

ALSO make sure you go into the terminal
    enter mp3hdEncoder and ACCEPT the agreement

now i am seeking the same information for 3 other formats

i hope some of you know

shorten,wavpack,tta

thank you in advance
    Last edited by shantiq; August 30th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: external encoding in rubyripper

I have no experience with using these formats in rubyripper,
    but Hydrogenaudio Forum seems to be a good place for rubyripper questions.

Like this thread:
    Ripping+Encoding with RubyRipper and WavPack

Beans
    Distro

cool lykeion

so this is the wavpack line worked perfect first time

Code:
    wavpack -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%b" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%g" -hhm %i -o "%o.wv"

anyone got clues on shorten?
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    ShanArt

Beans

this will get you started with tta, for tagging a bit of research and experimenting - could get convoluted.

Code:
    ttaenc -e  "%i" -o "%o".tta
    You should edit the commin post 1

Beans
    Distro

thank you for tta works like a dream

changed the mp3HD line above to the new one

still stumped on shorten all i know is that in EAC one needs no added command line instructions simply the path of the plugin
    Last edited by shantiq; July 18th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
    ShanArt

Beans

As in the other thread my last post - the comm. for mp3hd needs a .mp3
    (then you'll get a .mp3 ext and -mode 1 will be passed to encoder instead of 1

as in
    Code:
    mp3hdEncoder -if "%i" -of "%o".mp3 -mode 1  -Title "%t" -Artist "%a" -Album "%b" -Track "%n" -Year "%y" -Genre "%g"
    Edit = see you got what I mean - off to sleep....
    Last edited by mc4man; July 18th, 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro

3 so far

wavpack -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%b" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%g" -hhm %i -o "%o.wv"

mp3hdEncoder -if "%i" -of "%o".mp3 -mode 1 -Title "%t" -Artist "%a" -Album "%b" -Track "%n" -Year "%y" -Genre "%g"

ttaenc -e "%i" -o "%o".tta

this is pleasing

Code:
    shantiq@shantiq-desktop:~$ rrip_cli 
    Scanning disc with cdrdao
    Audio-disc found, number of tracks : 4, total playlength : 47:55
    Fetching freedb info...

FREEDB INFO

DISC INFO
    Artist: Ashra
    Album: New Age Of Earth
    Genre: Progressive Rock
    Year: 1976

TRACK INFO
    1) Sunrain
    2) Ocean of Tenderness
    3) Deep Distance
    4) Nightdust

What would you like to do?

1) Select the tracks to rip
    2) Edit the disc info
    3) Edit the track info
    4) Cancel the rip and eject the disc

Please enter the number of your choice:  [1] ttaenc -e "%i" -o "%o".tta
    /home/shantiq/other/Ashra (1976) New Age Of Earth
    Ashra - New Age Of Earth (1976).tta
    Cdrom player used to rip:
    _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.52
    Cdrom offset used: 48

Ripper used: cdparanoia 
    Matches required for all chunks: 2
    Matches required for erroneous chunks: 2

Codec(s) used:
    -other	-> ttaenc -e "%i" -o "%o"

CDDB INFO

Artist	= Ashra
    Album	= New Age Of Earth
    Year	= 1976
    Genre	= Progressive Rock
    Tracks	= 4 (1 selected)

ADVANCED TOC ANALYSIS (with cdrdao)
    ...please be patient, this may take a while

Loading file: /tmp/temp_cdrom.toc
    Disc type = CD_DA
    Found info of tracknumber 1
    Found info of tracknumber 2
    Found info of tracknumber 3
    Found info of tracknumber 4
    Debug info: gaps are now prepended
    Startsector	Lengthsector
    0	33661
    33661	56980
    90641	26502
    117143	98524
    Silence detected for track 1 : 32 sectors
    Pregap detected for track 1 : 32 sectors
    Pregap detected for track 2 : 316 sectors
    Pregap detected for track 3 : 536 sectors
    Pregap detected for track 4 : 259 sectors

STATUS

Ripping progress (0 %)
    Ripping image
    Expected filesize for image		is 507248828 bytes.
    Free disk space is 403861464 MB
    Minutes ripping is 0.000469833333333333.
    Starting to rip CD image, trial #1cdparanoia [.0]- -d /dev/cdrom -O 48 "/home/shantiq/other/temp_sr0/image_1.wav" 2>&1
     (297 seconds)
    Minutes ripping is 4.95730121666667.
    Starting to rip CD image, trial #2cdparanoia [.0]- -d /dev/cdrom -O 48 "/home/shantiq/other/temp_sr0/image_2.wav" 2>&1
     (295 seconds)
    Analyzing files for mismatching chunks
    Every chunk matched 2 times :)
    MD5 sum: 2810439c68d648929e9847b806b9d58e

Ripping progress (100 %)
    Encoding progress (0 %)
    Adding track image (other) to the queue..
    command = ttaenc -e "/home/shantiq/other/temp_sr0/image_1.wav" -o "/home/shantiq/other/Ashra (1976) New Age Of Earth/Ashra - New Age Of Earth (1976).tta"
    TTA1 lossless audio encoder/decoder, release 3.4.1
    Copyright (c) 2007 Aleksander Djuric. All rights reserved.
    For more information see http://tta.sourceforge.net
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    File:	[image_1.wav]
    Encode:	complete, wrote 248138047 bytes, ratio: 0.49, time: 36
    Total:	[1/1, 236.6/483.8 Mb], ratio: 0.489, time: 0'36

Encoding progress (100 %)
    Removing track image (other) from the queue..
    Inside the finished function
    Encoding progress (100 %)
    Last edited by shantiq; July 18th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro

this below is all the info i have on shorten i tried a few things and got nowhere useful

Code:
    shorten version 3.6.1: (c) 1992-1999 Tony Robinson and SoftSound Ltd
    Seek extensions by Wayne Stielau; UNIX maintenance by Jason Jordan
    Usage: shorten {options} [input file] [output file]
      -a 0     bytes to copy verbatim to align file
      -b 256   block size
      -c 1     number of channels
      -d 0     number of bytes to discard before compression or decompression
      -e       erase seek table appended to input file
      -h       help (this message)
      -i       inquire as to whether a seek table is appended to input file
      -k       append seek table information to existing shorten file
      -l       print the license giving the distribution and usage conditions
      -m 4     number of past block for mean estimation
      -n 256   minimum signal to noise ratio in dB (256 == lossless coding)
      -p 0     maximum LPC predictor order (0 == fast polynomial predictor)
      -q 0     acceptable quantisation error in bits
      -r 32.0  maximum number of bits per sample (32.0 == lossless coding)
      -s       generate seek table information in separate file [input file].skt
      -S[name] generate seek table information in separate file given by [name]
      -t wav   specify the bit packing and byte ordering of the sample file from
               {aiff,wav,ulaw,alaw,s8,u8,s16,u16,s16x,u16x,s16hl,u16hl,s16lh,u16lh}
      -u       merge the two zero codes in ulaw files
      -v 3     format version number (2: no seek info; 3: default)
      -x       extract (all other options except -a, -d and -t are ignored)
    Code:
    SHORTEN(1)
    local
    SHORTEN(1)
    NAME
    shorten − fast compression for waveform files
    SYNOPSIS
    shorten [-hlu] [-a #bytes] [-b #samples] [-c #channels] [-d #bytes] [-m #blocks] [-n #dB] [-p #order] [-q
    #bits] [-r #bits] [-t filetype] [-v #version] [waveform-file [shortened-file]]
    shorten -x [-hl] [ -a #bytes] [-d #bytes] [shortened-file [waveform-file]]
    shorten [ -e | -i | -k | -s | -S<name> ] shortened-file
    shorten [ -s | -S<name> ] < shortened-data
    DESCRIPTION
    shorten reduces the size of waveform files (such as audio) using Huffman coding of prediction residuals
    and optional additional quantisation. In lossless mode the amount of compression obtained depends on the
    nature of the waveform. Those composing of low frequencies and low amplitudes give the best compres-
    sion, which may be 2:1 or better. Lossy compression operates by specifying a minimum acceptable seg-
    mental signal to noise ratio or a maximum bit rate. Lossy compression operates by zeroing the lower order
    bits of the waveform, so retaining waveform shape.
    If both file names are specified then these are used as the input and output files. The first file name can be
    replaced by "-" to read from standard input and likewise the second filename can be replaced by "-" to write
    to standard output. Under UNIX, if only one file name is specified, then that name is used for input and the
    output file name is generated by adding the suffix ".shn" on compression and removing the ".shn" suffix on
    decompression. In these cases the input file is removed on completion. The use of automatic file name
    generation is not currently supported under DOS. If no file names are specified, shorten reads from stan-
    dard input and writes to standard output. Whenever possible, the output file inherits the permissions,
    owner, group, access and modification times of the input file.
    From release 2.3 the RIFF WAVE (Microsoft .wav) file type is the default. These files contain enough
    information to set most of the switches presented below, so effective operation is obtained just by setting
    the desired level of compression (-n or -r switch).
    OPTIONS
    −a align bytes
    Specify the number of bytes to be copied verbatim before compression begins. This option can be
    used to preserve fixed length ASCII headers on waveform files, and may be necessary if the header
    length is an odd number of bytes.
    −b block size
    Specify the number of samples to be grouped into a block for processing. Within a block the sig-
    nal elements are expected to have the same spectral characteristics. The default option works well
    for a large range of audio files.
    −c channels
    Specify the number of independent interwoven channels. For two signals, a(t) and b(t) the original
    data format is assumed to be a(0),b(0),a(1),b(1)...
    −d discard bytes
    Specify the number of bytes to be discarded before compression or decompression. This may be
    used to delete header information from a file. Refer to the -a option for storing the header infor-
    mation in the compressed file.
    −e Erase seek information from an existing file.
    −h Give a short message specifying usage options.
    −i Inquire as to whether the given file is an external seek table file, a file with seek tables appended to
              it, or neither. If seek tables are present, the seek table revision number is shown.
    −k Append seek information to an existing file.
    shorten 3.6.1
    March 2007
    SHORTEN(1)
    −l
    local
    SHORTEN(1)
    Prints the software license specifying the conditions for the distribution and usage of this software.
    −m blocks
    Specify the number of past blocks to be used to estimate the mean and power of the signal. The
    value of zero disables this prediction and the mean is assumed to lie in the middle of the range of
    the relevant data type (i.e. at zero for signed quantities). The default value is non-zero for format
    versions 2.0 and above.
    −n noise level
    Specify the minimum acceptable segmental signal to noise ratio in dB. The signal power is taken
    as the variance of the samples in the current block. The noise power is the quantisation noise
    incurred by coding the current block assuming that samples are uniformally distributed over the
    quantisation interval. The bit rate is dynamically changed to maintain the desired signal to noise
    ratio. The default value represents lossless coding.
    −p prediction order
    Specify the maximum order of the linear predictive filter. The default value of zero disables the
    use of linear prediction and a polynomial interpolation method is used instead. The use of the lin-
    ear predictive filter generally results in a small improvement in compression ratio at the expense of
    execution time. This is the only option to use a significant amount of floating point processing
    during compression. Decompression still uses a minimal number of floating point operations.
    Decompression time is normally about twice that of the default polynomial interpolation. For ver-
    sion 0 and 1, compression time is linear in the specified maximum order as all lower values are
    searched for the greatest expected compression (the number of bits required to transmit the predic-
    tion residual is monotonically decreasing with prediction order, but transmitting each filter coeffi-
    cient requires about 7 bits). For version 2 and above, the search is started at zero order and termi-
    nated when the last two prediction orders give a larger expected bit rate than the minimum found
    to date. This is a reasonable strategy for many real world signals - you may revert back to the
    exhaustive algorithm by setting -v1 to check that this works for your signal type.
    −q quantisation level
    Specify the number of low order bits in each sample which can be discarded (set to zero). This is
    useful if these bits carry no information, for example when the signal is corrupted by noise.
    −r bit rate
    Specify the expected maximum number of bits per sample. The upper bound on the bit rate is
    achieved by setting the low order bits of the sample to zero, hence maximising the segmental sig-
    nal to noise ratio.
    −s
    Write seek table information to a separate file (uses shortened file name with ’.skt’ extension). If
    the shortened data is read from standard input, then the seek table information will be saved in
    ’stdin.skt’.
    −S<name>
    Write seek table information to a separate file given by "<name>".
    −t file type
    Gives the type of the sound sample file as one of aiff, wav, s8, u8, s16, u16, s16x, u16x, s16hl,
    u16hl, s16lh, u16lh, ulaw, or alaw.
    The simple types are listed first and have an initial s or u for signed or unsigned data, followed by
    8 or 16 as the number of bits per sample. No further extension means the data is in the natural
    byte order, a trailing x specifies byte swapped data, hl explicitly states the byte order as high byte
    followed by low byte and lh the converse. Hence s16 means signed 16 bit integers in the natural
    byte order (like C would fwrite() shorts).
    ulaw is the natural file type of ulaw encoded files (such as the default sun .au files) and alaw is a
    similar byte-packed scheme. Specific optimisations are applied to ulaw and alaw files. If lossless
    shorten 3.6.1
    March 2007
    SHORTEN(1)
    local
    SHORTEN(1)
    compression is specified with ulaw files then a check is made that the whole dynamic range is used
    (useful for files recorded on a SparcStation with the volume set too high). Lossless coding of both
    file types uses an internal format with a monotonic mapping to linear. If lossy compression is
    specified then the data is internally converted to linear. The lossy option "-r4" has been observed
    to give little degradation and provides 2:1 compression.
    With the types listed above you should explicitly set the number of channels (if not mono) with -c
    and if the file contains a header the size should be specified with -a. This is most important for
    lossy compression which will lead to data corruption if a file header is inadvertently lossy coded.
    Finally, as of version 2.3, the file type may be specified as wav (the default). In this case the file to
    be compressed is interogated for the specific data type (chosen from the above) and the number of
    channels to be used. The header length alignment (-a flag) is also automatic so lossless compres-
    sion requires no switches to be set and lossy compression requires only that the compression level
    be set with -n or -r.
    −u
    The ulaw standard (ITU G711) has two codes which both map onto the zero value on a linear
    scale. The "-u" flag maps the negative zero onto the positive zero and so yields marginally better
    compression for format version 2 (the gain is significant for older format versions).
    −v version
    Specify the binary format version number of compressed files. Legal values are currently 1, 2 and
    3, with higher numbers generally giving better compression. 2 and 3 are identical, with the excep-
    tion that 2 does not generate seek tables, while 3 does. Detection of format version on decode is
    automatic.
    −x extract
    Reconstruct the original file. All other command line options except -a and -d are ignored.
    METHODOLOGY
    shorten works by blocking the signal, making a model of each block in order to remove temporal redun-
    dancy, then Huffman coding the quantised prediction residual.
    Blocking
    The signal is read in a block of about 128 or 256 samples, and converted to integers with expected mean of
    zero. Sample-wise-interleaved data is converted to separate channels, which are assumed independent.
    Decorrelation
    Four functions are computed, corresponding to the signal, difference signal, second and third order differ-
    ences. The one with the lowest variance is coded. The variance is measured by summing absolute values
    for speed and to avoid overflow.
    Compression
    It is assumed the signal has the Laplacian probability density function of exp(-abs(x)). There is a computa-
    tionally efficient way of mapping this density to Huffman codes, The code is in four parts: a run of zeros; a
    bounding one; a fixed number of bits mantissa; and the sign bit. The number of leading zeros gives the off-
    set from zero. Some examples for a 2 bit mantissa:
    Value zeros stopbit mantissa signbit total code
    00 1
    shorten 3.6.1
    March 2007
    SHORTEN(1)
    local
    SHORTEN(1)
    Note that negative numbers are offset by one as there is no need to have two zero codes. The technical
    report CUED/F-INFENG/TR.156 included with the shorten distribution as files tr154.tex and tr154.ps con-
    tains bugs in this format description and is superceeded by this man page.
    EMBEDDED OPERATION
    Shorten may be used embedded within other programs. shorten is a function call implemented in the file
    shorten.c. The file main.c provides a wrapper for stand alone operation. A simple example of ebedded
    operation can be found in the file embedded.c. Full windows DLL operation is provided in the windll sub-
    directory.
    SEE ALSO
    compress(1),pack(1).
    DIAGNOSTICS
    Exit status is normally 0. A warning is issued if the file is not properly aligned, i.e. a whole number of
    records could not be read at the end of the file.
    BUGS
    An easy way to test shorten for your system is to use "make check", if this fails, for whatever reason, please
    report it to <shnutils@freeshell.org>.
    No check is made for increasing file size, but valid waveform files generally achieve some compression.
    Even compressing a file of random bytes (which represents the worst case waveform file) only results in a
    small increase in the file length (about 6% for 8 bit data and 3% for 16 bit data). There is one condition
    that is know to be problematic, that is the lossy compression of unsigned data without mean estimation -
    large file sizes may result if the mean is far from the middle range value. For these files the value of the -m
    switch should be non-zero, as it is by default in format version 2.
    There is no provision for different channels containing different data types. Normally, this is not a restric-
    tion, but it does mean that if lossy coding is selected for the ulaw type, then all channels use lossy coding.
    The technical report CUED/F-INFENG/TR.156 (included in the shorten distribution) report contains errors
    in the bitfield format description and is superceeded by this document.
    See the file "ChangeLog" for a history of bug fixes and feature additions.
    Please mail Jason Jordan at the address below if you find a bug in shorten involving seek tables.
    Please mail Brian Willoughby at the address below if you find a bug in the AIFF implementation.
    Please mail Tony Robinson immediately at the address below if you find a bug in shorten that is NOT
    related to seek tables or AIFF support. Make sure you can reproduce your bug using version 2.3a, the last
    version known to be released by him.
    AVAILABILITY
    The latest 2.x and 3.x versions can be obtained from <http://www.etree.org/shnutils/shorten/> or
    <http://shnutils.freeshell.org/shorten/>.
    AUTHORS
    Copyright (C) 1992-1999 by Tony Robinson and SoftSound Ltd (ajr@softsound.com)
    Unix maintenance of 3.x versions by Jason Jordan <shnutils@freeshell.org>.
    AIFF support and maintenance by Brian Willoughby <shorten@sounds.wa.com> of Sound Consulting
    <http://sounds.wa.com/>.
    shorten 3.6.1
    March 2007
    SHORTEN(1)
    local
    SHORTEN(1)
    Shorten is available for non-commercial use without fee. See the LICENSE file for the formal copying and
    usage restrictions. For supported versions please see http://www.softsound.com/Shorten.html and for com-
    mercial use please contact shorten@softsound.com
    shorten 3.6.1
    March 2007
    ShanArt

Beans

it appears difficult for shorten in rr, may require some add. to rr script

Another way is to use soundkonverter
    Put 'shorten' in path (assume you already have

Open sk.'s settings -> configure sk.-> backends

Confirm it found shorten (screen1

At top switch to either cdparanoia or cdda2wav
    (if using cdda2wav suggest not usinf debian/ubuntu version but latest, can describe how - screen 2

Then close and reopen sk. (if not the ripping backend will not be set, on subsquent rips do d. check it hasn't been set back to kde...

then open and add from 'file' -> use the button - screen 3

Beans
    Distro

hi mc4man

i already have everything in sk for shn

or use shntool for conversion

i can also rip to shorten with pacpl but not the secure way rr offers

EAC does it too under wine

i would have thought there must be a line that can be entered in the other box

unless there are technical impossibilities there which i do not understand

anyway again thank you
    Last edited by shantiq; July 18th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
    ShanArt

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast