Thread: Display Issue: Newly installed Ubuntu 13.04 and proprietary driver for AMD radeon HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Display Issue: Newly installed Ubuntu 13.04 and proprietary driver for AMD radeon HD

Hello guys,
    It's a long time I do not post into this forum. Tried google & bing on this issue but came out empty...

Anyway I have a problem with my new ubuntu 13.04 and Proprietary driver 13.8 (BETA) on AMD radeon HD 7870.

The system are an i7 3820, 8gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7870 & etc... with AOC 22" lcd display.

My problem was the display output is smaller (+- 20") than the the LCD itself (22")? Hope any one could enlighten me how to repair this...

Faiez

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Display Issue: Newly installed Ubuntu 13.04 and proprietary driver for AMD radeon

Hello and welcome back!

Please try opening the Catalyst Control Center, going to "Display Manager" and selecting your monitor.

In the "Adjustments" tab, make sure you have "Use display for scaling" checked and under "Graphics processor scaling" select "Scale image to full panel size".

Please let us know if that helps.

Cheers.
    My Blog
    Ubuntu Help Pages I'm constructing: AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Display Issue: Newly installed Ubuntu 13.04 and proprietary driver for AMD radeon

Well, thank you for the help...

The advice helped me...but the problem is not image option. everything checked as per your advice.

It was in the scaling option below the image option. I just slide the bar from underscan to overscan and whoalaaa!!! the miracles happen.....

Thanks.