Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing 10.04 LTS on Dell Latitude E6410

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Installing 10.04 LTS on Dell Latitude E6410

Quote Originally Posted by kgish View Post
    Would also like to try these options, e.g. editing the given files, but how can I possibly edit anything when the screen is blank?
    I'm trying to remember this off the top of my head, but I had this problem with my latitude E6410.

Before I say what fixed it, I just tried the 11.04 beta2 live cd and it booted to the cd just fine, no visual glitches at all. I'll be installing it this weekend, but I would recommend that for now:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/natty/
    (I recommend the torrent, a straight HTML download would have taken about 7 hours, torrent was 30 mins)

If you still want to go with 10, then when you boot to the cd, you should see the screen that is black but has the keyboard and icon of the guy down at the bottom. At this point, you need to hit a button (maybe any button) to see a list of options. From there, you can see some options at the bottom of the screen to modify the boot command, where you can then try the options mentioned above.

Let me know if I can help out with anything else there, as I've suffered through the same issues.

Beans

Re: Installing 10.04 LTS on Dell Latitude E6410

I solved my problem by going to the Dell download page for Canonical Ubuntu 10.10, where I could download:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/OS/ubuntu-10....6-dell_A00.iso

Then I burned this to an USB-stick using the UNetbootin utility, rebooted my other laptop (after first reconfiguring the bios to boot from USB first), and installed Ubuntu 10.10 from there.
    Last edited by kgish; April 23rd, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

Beans

Smile Re: Installing 10.04 LTS on Dell Latitude E6410

Using i915.modeset=0 xforcevesa worked for me. I have the e6410 with the Intel Video Chipset.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123