Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Simple Scanner not working?

Beans

Re: Simple Scanner not working?

michalmisiu! You're my hero!!!
    Thank you very much. I did the proposed like you suggested. Went and did the search on the lsub versioin. Saw that it was installed, however I wend and did a reinstall. Did the apply. Deleted the PSC that the system had installed and left the one I had with the USB connection. Rebooted my machine. Turned on the printer and did a simple scan. Worked!!!!!

I was about to start pulling my greying hair out on this one. Don't know why it started happening but it started with the printer not being seen then the scanner started acting up like that.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this staying. But tried it out and so far it sticks.

I have a question that all can jump in on with their views. Should the proposed be always checked or not? What exactly is it for? Curious.

Thanks everyone for being involved and helping with this thread. I was getting upset with this thing and was thinking of getting another PSC at a later date with this acting up the way it was. But, now thanks to all I can put that off to a real later date!!!!!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

Thanks

Tom
    Debian Testing and Debian Stable
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running MX-18
    Ubuntu user Number:#31469, Linux Registered number:511570

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia boy View Post

I have a question that all can jump in on with their views. Should the proposed be always checked or not? What exactly is it for? Curious.

Thanks

Tom
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports

Beans

Thanks for the info Phil. If I'm reading this right then I shouldn't have it ticked all the time unless I want to be involved in testing. Since I'm not that good with stuff yet I probably should leave all the way I have it and only go there when suggested to fix something like what happened to my scanner.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Tom
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running MX-18

Beans

Going to mark this as solved due to now working. Keeping fingers crossed that it continues to work and that I don't have to replace with another one for a long time to come.
    I wish to thank everyone for their help in solving this problem. I was pulling my hair trying to figure why all of a sudden it quit and that nothing I did would work.
    Seems to be a lot of printer/scanner problems with this version for some reason.

Well again, thanks everyone and I hope that all have a wonderful weekend.

Tom

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567