Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 is not recognizing HTC EVO

Beans

Ubuntu 10.04 is not recognizing HTC EVO

Hi,

I just bought the HTC EVO and thought it would immediately be found by Ubuntu. My iPod Touch and every other device I have is.

Ubuntu is not seeing the EVO and I have no idea what to try.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 is not recognizing HTC EVO

Have you ensured that you have chosen to "Mount as Disk Drive" on the phone?
    You should be able to change it if you chose a default one in the notifications menu.
    Disclaimer: Yes I usually talk crap

Beans

I just got my EVO in yesterday and have been setting it up but cannot get 10.4 to recognize that the phone is attached. I do have the phone's default connection type set to "Disk Drive".

I have an Archos A5A as well and it doesn't have a problem being recognized. That one is running Android 1.6.

The EVO is still on Android 2.1 till later this week.

I have always had problems with Sprint phones not connecting as a usb device, they had proprietary drivers not compatible with linux, so I would have to remove the SD card from the phone to exchange data with it. That wasn't a problem with the last phone but with the EVO the SD card is buried under the battery and is really inconvenient to remove the sd card.

Any one having this issue connecting to the phone??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------

nevermind....

Well apparently I'm just stupid or HTC has a little glitch that requires you to log out of Ubuntu forums, go out eat breakfast, have coffee, send a text message with the phone then come back and plug it back it to the computer for it to recognize the device. Even though I had already disconnected it several times before I made this post. I came back in to re-connect it and get a dump of `lsusb` to assist and voila, I scared it into working.
    Last edited by jawohls; July 31st, 2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: I'm stupid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OK I have the evo recognized as a drive but I don't know what to open it with. Any suggestions as to what app will allow me to mess with the phone?