Thread: So with Moonlight 3.0 (netflix)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

So with Moonlight 3.0 (netflix)

The only thing standing in the way of being able to stream netflix with linux now is that netflix won't give any of the DRM plug-ins to devolopers to be able to do it? This is what I read on Moonlights website...

Netflix needs to get with the program.... LOL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: So with Moonlight 3.0 (netflix)

this is the offical netfilx facebook page, i made a new topic about streaming on linux. please go there and atleast say that this bothers you, maby we can show netfix that were not going to wait any longer!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...uid=6275848869

Beans

I hope this gets a lot of activity, people should put this in their sigs.
    Just Another Programming Forum, has linux section http://www.infinitylogic.net/forum/index.php

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I hate to be the guy to say "this thread again" but.....this again eh? It really is ashame as I know you OP. You loaded ubuntu...you love it...you love it so much you nuked windows and your proud of yourself for doing it. You went to netflix and saw it didnt work. You searched...just KNOWING that there was some sort of work around. You found out there is not and now your pissed.

Bout right?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cptrohn View Post
    The only thing standing in the way of being able to stream netflix with linux now is that netflix won't give any of the DRM plug-ins to devolopers to be able to do it? This is what I read on Moonlights website...

Netflix needs to get with the program.... LOL
    No linux does. Its the movie companies that require the DRM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Still fine without it.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." - Terry Pratchett

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Shakz View Post
    I hate to be the guy to say "this thread again" but.....this again eh? It really is ashame as I know you OP. You loaded ubuntu...you love it...you love it so much you nuked windows and your proud of yourself for doing it. You went to netflix and saw it didnt work. You searched...just KNOWING that there was some sort of work around. You found out there is not and now your pissed.

Bout right?
    No actually you couldn't be more wrong...... I DO stream netflix just fine through my Wii console.... so it's not an issue of "I can't get it and I am pissed" I am actually more a person that likes to know how and why things work on my computer... which is why I am extremely happy with linux...Juwst thought I would ask since it ws my understanding that Moonlight was the only reason why so I thought I would ask why here....

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by kmsalex View Post
    this is the offical netfilx facebook page, i made a new topic about streaming on linux. please go there and atleast say that this bothers you, maby we can show netfix that were not going to wait any longer!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...uid=6275848869
    Isn't that exactly what you ARE doing? (waiting longer)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Alt-F1 View Post
    Isn't that exactly what you ARE doing? (waiting longer)
    well, in my case basically. i just use xp in a vm. but alot of people canceled there subscription over this issue. and it does up set me just not enoghf to cancel it. i was trying to relay other people basically...

Beans

i really could care less since i own 2 gaming consoles that will play it on tv for me. but yeah kind of sucks how they have the tech to do it but won't
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.