Thread: sync Ubuntu and Rumor Touch cellphone ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Talking sync Ubuntu and Rumor Touch cellphone ?

Hello everybody. I just bought this phone 2 days ago and I would love to sync my contacts and other stuff with my netbook running 10.04.

I downloaded BitPim, it looks like it'll do exactly what I want, but my model number is not on their "supported phones" list. Is there anyone here that has done that? IF not with BitPim ,then with what ?

I can see the phone usb connection at the command line only if I enable it as MASS Storage. But then its "not available" to BitPim. If I connect it without enabling MASS STORAGE, then it does not show up if I run LSUSB at the command line.

Any ideas? or tips? I appreciate any answers and help.
    Thank you
    Last edited by ecr959; July 2nd, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question Re: sync Ubuntu and Rumor Touch cellphone ?

I have been to the LG forums, those guys over there tell me that BitPim hasn't been updated since January and that the developers don't have a driver for the Rumor Touch, so ... until they do...BitPim won't work.

I still would like some replies to my original post , because you guys might know of another linux app that might work. Somebody told me "MultiSync" but from what I can see, that is more about syncing PCs and different PIM apps.

any ideas ?
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans

Re: sync Ubuntu and Rumor Touch cellphone ?

I have a similar situation. Let us see, if we can find a solution to putting ubuntu on this touch phone.