Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

Beans

bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

I installed android SDK, eclipse and all the tools necessary for android development but I'm surprised to see error messages in Eclipse after a boot complaining files do not exist.

Getting to the root of the problem I found that files indeed exist but I can't execute them.

What am I missing here?

Code:
    milasch@milasch-ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux_86/tools$ ./adb
    bash: ./adb: No such file or directory
    milasch@milasch-ubuntu:~/android-sdk-linux_86/tools$ ls -l
    total 9504
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 milasch milasch  341773 2010-05-07 14:47 adb
    I can't post a screenshot because for some reason when I capture the screen my host OS is actually doing it resulting in a blank image with a cursor in the middle :S.

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

have you tried downloading a new tar.gz of the sdk? check the adb there. it that works then perhaps eclipse caused the problem.
    Last edited by nmaster; June 30th, 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by neal.m.master View Post
    have you tried downloading a new tar.gz of the sdk? check the adb there. it that works then perhaps eclipse caused the problem.
    Yup, I did. It actually worked once, I was even able to play around but then I had to reboot for some reason and the problem is back. I'm reinstalling ubuntu in my VM.

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

is this behavior consistent? does it always not work upon reboot? did you happen to do anything with the eclipse android plugin before that reboot?

Beans

Sorry for digging up an old post, I just wanted to help any users with this problem cuz this thread is at the top of a google search "ubuntu adb no such file or directory". Installing the package ia32-libs fixes this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by webgh0st View Post
    Sorry for digging up an old post, I just wanted to help any users with this problem cuz this thread is at the top of a google search "ubuntu adb no such file or directory". Installing the package ia32-libs fixes this.
    thanks for this, works out perfectly now.

Beans

hey folks. so i am new to ubuntu and linux in general. honestly i have tried working with linux in the past but have given up because it seems that everything is such a fight. but in order to continue learning android i NEED linux. ugh. i know most of you feel differently, and i hope that i will ocme to understand linux aswell.

so on to my problem

its the same as the op. however i dont have an amd processor, its an i3 intel. for giggles i tried installing the lib file suggested but ubuntu say NO.

i have deleted and reinstalled adb several times to no avail.

thanks for the help.

Beans

I had to also install ia32-libs-multiarch on 11.10, ia32-libs alone didn't work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks this thread was a life saver.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by webgh0st View Post
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast