Thread: Not detected e-sata without restart?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not detected e-sata without restart?

Hi there! I've bought a new e-sata external HDD. It work fine if it's connected throught USB. The problem goes when I connect it throught e-sata. The disk isn't detected (see the first screenshot). I must restart my computer to get the HDD detected (the HDD must be pluged in while booting, I think). Is it possible to repair that? I need the HDD to be detected immidiately when connected, like USB, without any restart. Thx.

Btw, my hardware:
    MB: ASUS M3A32MVP-DELUXE
    extern disk: SAMSUNG Story Station Plus 1,5TB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Not detected e-sata without restart?

Sorry for posting again, but I've realised that it will be probably a hardware problem with my MB, because I tried to connect it to the front e-sata port, not to the one on the back side, and it goes without any problems. It seems that the front port is connected to another controller (or right in the southbridge). Maybe I need a driver for the second controller? Btw see the screenshots, you should see the difference there.

But there is also one more problem (thanks god much smaller)...if I connect the drive to the front port, it goes, but I need to mount it throught the disk utility...is it possible to make it mounting automatically when connected? Thx.
    Attached Images Attached Images