Thread: Panel Question

Beans

Panel Question

I have seen how some people have the top panel clear. How do i do this? I have been looking online and everything and i cant find anything that helps me do this. Can anyone lend me a hand?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Panel Question

I am not sure I understand a clear top panel. If you do not need the icons in the top panel, you can right-click each and then click 'remove from panel', if that's what you mean.

I have never liked two panels, one at the top and one at the bottom. I add icons that normally are in the bottom panel to the top panel, and then remove the bottom panel altogether.

You might want to set either panel (or both) to disappear, and re-appear only when you move your cursor to the top- or bottom edge of the screen, Right-click the panel, click Properties, and then check Autohide.

If by 'clear' you mean tha background (wallpaper) shows through, right-click the panel, click Properties, select the Background tab, select the Solid Color radio button, and drag the Style all the way to the left (transparent).

Did I address your problem at all?
    Last edited by aphatak; June 29th, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Beans

Re: Panel Question

yeah man, thank you for answering me!