Thread: Greetings and Salutations

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Greetings (and a meetup!)

I sent a similar message to the Loco's mailing list, but it seems to never have made it through. (Is there possibly some moderation going on on the list?)

I actually live in Massachusetts, but only just barely so; I'm about 200ft from the state line.
    I'll be working in Killingly in a couple weeks, and my girlfriend will be attending Trinity College in the fall, and we both have a definite interest in seeing this Loco be functional.

Beck (my gf) and I would like to get a chance to meet people informally, and see if there's any interest in this LoCo currently, or in the near future. As such, we would like to propose an informal gathering at a WiFi-enabled place, like Panera Bread.

I'm not familiar with the specific location, so please if anyone has any other ideas, suggest it, but there's a Panera Bread in W. Hartford at 2534 Albany Ave.

I'd like to propose an "Ubuntu Hour" on Sunday, July 25th, at 4pm, until whenever. Feel free to bring laptops, netbooks, ideas, or just your own self.

Also, in August, the Massachusetts loco has been participating as a "vendor" at Pi-Con (http://www.pi-con.org/), which is being held in Enfield, CT this year, and I think it would be great to see some Nutmeggers represented at the table/booth.

Happy 4th, and enjoy the summer weather

7/6/2010: No responses here. I've also emailed a few people directly, a week ago, and they've not responded either. I know there was a major holiday in the past week, but I'm starting to wonder if this group is actually completely dead. *sigh*
    Last edited by aaron-haviland; July 7th, 2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: following up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Hi, everyone. I'm Aaron's gf, the aforementioned Beck.

I'll be at Pi-Con, helping out with the Ubuntu table once in a while, so if anyone else is attending, look for me!

Hope to see a few people at the Ubuntu Hour.