Thread: Recoll - Indexing hidden files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Recoll - Indexing hidden files

Hi,

I use Recoll, and love it. However its not indexing hidden files, and when I'm looking for a specific configuration value it would help a lot if it did. I believe its capable of it, but may not be configured for it.

In Recoll config, local parameters - I have the following in global skipped names:

#*
    bin
    CVS
    Cache
    cache*
    caughtspam
    tmp
    .thumbnails
    .svn
    *~
    recollrc
    .beagle
    .git
    .hg
    .bzr
    loop.ps

Any ideas pls?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Recoll - Indexing hidden files

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi yeleek,
    I found this; not sure if this is what you are looking for but hope it helps:

The list in the default configuration does not exclude hidden directories (names beginning with a dot), which means that it may index quite a few things that you do not want.
    http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll...ll.config.html

Beans
    Distro

Hey,

Thanks - yeah I found that (manual comes with package). I guess the bit that confuses me, is what do these mean?

#*
    *~

And could they be responsible? I can 'find' std files in hidden folders, its hidden files themselves which seem to be missed....

Cheers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yeleek View Post
    Hey,

Thanks - yeah I found that (manual comes with package). I guess the bit that confuses me, is what do these mean?

#*
    *~

And could they be responsible? I can 'find' std files in hidden folders, its hidden files themselves which seem to be missed....

Cheers
    The incantations above are used to skip misc emacs backup files (file names beginning with a # or ending in ~). I really have no idea why your hidden files (meaning file names beginning with a '.' I guess) would be skipped by Recoll, this is certainly not the case by default. Email me at "jfd at recoll dot org" if you want to investigate.
    Cheers,
    jf