Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: migrate wubi install to partition

Beans

Re: HOWTO: migrate wubi install to partition

This is awesome. I've been trying to migrate to a dedicated partition for ages.
    "Zero zero zero zero zero zero one! Zero zero zero zero zero one one! Zero zero zero zero one one one! Zero zero zero one one one one! Oh, oh oh one, oh oh one! Come on sucker, now lick my battery!"

Beans

Hi, BCBC i did as u said and heres the link http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post11339805

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by bcbc View Post
    ashhab2010,

try uninstalling bootchart and rebooting before rerunning the script, or else edit the script and add a manual exclusion for /dev/.bootchart:
    Code:
    rsync -a --exclude="$root"dev/.bootchart --exclude="$root"host --exclude="$root"mnt/* --exclude="$root"home/*/.gvfs --exclude="$root"media/*/* --exclude="$root"tmp/* --exclude="$root"proc/* --exclude="$root"sys/* $root $target # let errors show
    thanks it workd fine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ashhab2010 View Post
    thanks it workd fine
    Great! I'm looking into adding the ability to manually supply 'exclude directories' in the next script version. Wasn't able to squeeze it in for the 2.1 release that was required for Oneiric... but maybe Pangolin.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: migrate wubi install to partition

Thanks a lot for you script

However, after running migrate wubi, I lost my old boot options. I used to have windows (7) and wubi boot options. I added a partition to move wubi to but now when I restart my computer, It directly goes to wubi. So basically I don't have the option to either boot windows or the new ubuntu which I moved from wubi!!!!??? any ideas??!!

BTW, the migrate wubi script finished without any problem

I have to mention that my windows was on sda2 and I created sda4 for the ubuntu
    Last edited by smeraji; October 21st, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by smeraji View Post
    Thanks a lot for you script

However, after running migrate wubi, I lost my old boot options. I used to have windows (7) and wubi boot options. I added a partition to move wubi to but now when I restart my computer, It directly goes to wubi. So basically I don't have the option to either boot windows or the new ubuntu which I moved from wubi!!!!??? any ideas??!!

BTW, the migrate wubi script finished without any problem

I have to mention that my windows was on sda2 and I created sda4 for the ubuntu
    Hi, please post the results of the bootinfoscript and I'll see what's up. Thanks

Edit: I'm going offline for a bit. Please try this as well - drop to a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run:
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    Technically, it's not possible to boot directly into a wubi install - at least not without creating a custom boot partition and this is obviously not the case. So I suspect you are actually booting your migrated install, not the wubi one. If it turns out that updating grub fixes it, please still post the bootinfoscript result or at least the ubuntu release and windows version you have as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by bcbc; October 21st, 2011 at 08:33 AM.

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO: migrate wubi install to partition

Thanks a lot, Actually I ran update-grub last night and everything is fine now

Great script

Quote Originally Posted by bcbc View Post
    Hi, please post the results of the bootinfoscript and I'll see what's up. Thanks

Edit: I'm going offline for a bit. Please try this as well - drop to a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run:
    Code:
    sudo update-grub
    Technically, it's not possible to boot directly into a wubi install - at least not without creating a custom boot partition and this is obviously not the case. So I suspect you are actually booting your migrated install, not the wubi one. If it turns out that updating grub fixes it, please still post the bootinfoscript result or at least the ubuntu release and windows version you have as well. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Couldn't have been easier. Thanks so much for writing and maintaining this script. Loved the fact it supported Oneiric.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by orphean View Post
    Couldn't have been easier. Thanks so much for writing and maintaining this script. Loved the fact it supported Oneiric.
    Cool. You're welcome

Beans

Good day bcbc, since everything is working well now,Thanks for all your help on my thread I decided to migrate my wubi to a dedicated partition. I'll just ask if this script can migrate my wubi to an external hdd. My external is just an enclosure with the extra hdd of my laptop. Another Ubuntu is installed on dedicated partitions there. One for the root and one as swap space and i'm planning to replace that with my wubi install. If it's possible, do i need to erase that ubuntu first or the script can just replace with the wubi? Thanks

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast