Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veetle plugin crashed Firefox and Chrome. I can't even open them. Please help.

Beans

Re: Veetle plugin crashed Firefox and Chrome. I can't even open them. Please help.

Evening all, well, at least its evening where I am.

Sorry to start this old thread back up again but I am having the exact same problem as the original thread starter. I'll have to install opera seeing as it is not affected by this problem according to sir dummiebeginner.

I really dont want to have to reinstall ubuntu, i have done that in the past but I want to learn more about using the system and a clean install doesnt teach much. Does anyone know how to remove this dreaded plugin??

I will run the commands mentioned above shortly and give the output, Im typing this on my old laptop at the moment as I cant use any of my browsers.

Ta
    Last edited by Codemagnet; April 9th, 2011 at 08:16 PM.

Beans

Re: Veetle plugin crashed Firefox and Chrome. I can't even open them. Please help.

Managed to solve it. While reinstalling it, i noticed files were installed to /home/user/.mozilla/plugins and /home/user/.veetle_vlc, where user is the name of the user account. The folders in question are hidden so I had to show hidden files first. The of course I deleted everything to do with veetle, and firefox is working again .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12