I was listening to some music with some pretty heavy duty bass on my integrated logitech speaker system, when it suddenly stopped playing and the subwoofer/amp unit made a loud, dull popping sound (a little bit like a vaccuum sucker being pulled away by force, but quite loud). The light on the amp also went off, so it's probably something to do with the power supply (it's all integrated see).

I unplugged the amp, then a little while later, plugged it back in and it turned on. Tried playing something else, played for about a second, then turned off again (this time no pop). Tried again a little while later, and this time it turned off after a couple of seconds, again making a loud pop (this time even louder than the first time).

It's nothing to do with the fuse in the plug obviously, it's definitely an internal issue in the system. The speaker drivers are fine (the original popping sound made me wonder if the subwoofer had blown, but it's fine).

First of all, what do you think the sound was caused by, and second, what do you think the matter is with the system and is it possible to fix it?

Thanks very much
Fela