Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how to get rid of windows virus from ubuntu?

Beans

Re: how to get rid of windows virus from ubuntu?

awesome windows fanboy thread on this ubuntu forum here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@dtfinch: That is exactly how I found that one. It took about ten seconds. Even if you disable something that you want, you can just re-enable it later. My way is safe and easy.

@wilee-nilee: I do this for a living, and I've been doing it for quite some time. I don't care how many certs you or your friends have.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by questioning View Post
    awesome windows fanboy thread on this ubuntu forum here.

It is pretty funny. I'm sorry I even know how to get rid of one of these.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hendronicus View Post
    @dtfinch: That is exactly how I found that one. It took about ten seconds. Even if you disable something that you want, you can just re-enable it later. My way is safe and easy.

@wilee-nilee: I do this for a living, and I've been doing it for quite some time. I don't care how many certs you or your friends have.
    If you want to argue feel free to Pm me, at this point the OP is the one that needs help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hendronicus: I think your way of solving the problem is quite nice. Btw I understand that you may not trust on @wilee-nilee solutions (using software) and I know why, its because a lot of times there are so called "anti-malware" softwares that the only thang they do is infect u more, but but but XD given the experience @wilee-nilee says he has, we gotta trust him, THE IMPORTANT THING HERE as stated by @wilee-nilee IS TO HELP the OP, cause who knows maybe neither solution will work for him, but I hope someone does
    The information is free, share it!
    Linux User #488015 Ubuntu User #26785

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    If you took the time to look at it you would understand its use. Rather than reacting in a emotive manner.
    http://www.superantispyware.com/trojans.html

It is only insulting if you perceive it to be, it was not intended to be.

From the web page
    I can't help but jump in here, you have a habit of being insulting, you have a habit of telling people to do things without explaining why they should do it, you have a habit of reacting emotively yet you tell others not to. You wont take this advice but I will give it anyway, take a look at how you deal with people, you are NOT the only person who knows how to do things.

Your insults are childish, your claims of being able to help because you know multiple people who have multiple certificates is something you cannot prove so it is baseless. In other words most of the things you say is smoke and mirrors. You REALLY need to start to think about these things, instead of bludgeoning people with your baseless facts. Everyone else cannot be wrong all the time.

Last thing, before you think of PMing me and calling me a moron AGAIN I'd take a second to think about putting your thoughts in a nicer way.
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

And here is a bit of advice with Firefox (if you don't already have this one that is) Get the Add on No Script. It works wonders to keep these things from hitting you again.
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rich Cook

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans

ok boot up in safemode with networking, download Malware Bytes Anti Malware. and do a full system scan. it will get rid of the problem. and then download CCleaner and clean everything up like registry and stuff.

Beans

All arguing aside lol....

did the OP fix the issue with one of the suggestions?
    - "Make me a coffee..."
    - "No"
    - "sudo make me a coffee"
    - "OK"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast