Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    It's working elsewhere, correct? Just not Gimp.
    That's what I thought until just now.
    No it's not just Gimp. I can't paint anywhere using the mouse, as soon as the program is set to use a tablet.
    MyPaint: I can select a color and a brush, but can't paint.
    Inkscape: mouse works when I set stylus and eraser to "disabled", but then I'm losing pressure. Both of them set to "screen": pressure works, mouse doesn't. Interestingly, the guidelines work there.

Here's the output of xinput --list (minus the keyboard part):
    Code:
     Virtual core pointer                            id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
       ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Logitech USB Optical Mouse                  id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Pen eraser          id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Pen stylus          id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Finger pad          id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Finger touch        id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation            id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    Rename it something like '10-wacom.conf.bak'. Use the xorg.conf attached to the bottom of the HOW TO. Modifying it for your video entries, if any, of course. The .xsetwacom.sh won't work because the "Device names" will be different. Which is why there is the xorg.conf version example. And be sure you have a back up of your current working xorg.conf that you can restore from the command line in case you break X.
    That simple? Cool! Will try that later, or tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Huh, not sure what's going on with the mouse. The xinput list looks OK. What's the output of:
    Code:
    xinput list-props "Logitech USB Optical Mouse"
    Yep, and instructions are in III. b).

Beans

Huh, [...]
    Couldn't have said it better...

Code:
    $ xinput list-props "Logitech USB Optical Mouse"

Device 'Logitech USB Optical Mouse':
        Device Enabled (121):    1
        Device Accel Profile (247):    0
        Device Accel Constant Deceleration (248):    1.000000
        Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (250):    1.000000
        Device Accel Velocity Scaling (251):    10.000000
        Evdev Reopen Attempts (240):    10
        Evdev Axis Inversion (252):    0, 0
        Evdev Axes Swap (254):    0
        Axis Labels (255):    "Rel X" (129), "Rel Y" (130)
        Button Labels (256):    "Button Left" (122), "Button Middle" (123), "Button Right" (124), "Button Wheel Up" (125), "Button Wheel Down" (126), "Button Horiz Wheel Left" (127), "Button Horiz Wheel Right" (128), "Button Side" (242), "Button Extra" (243), "Button Forward" (244), "Button Back" (245), "Button Task" (246), "Button Unknown" (241), "Button Unknown" (241), "Button Unknown" (241), "Button Unknown" (241)
        Evdev Middle Button Emulation (257):    2
        Evdev Middle Button Timeout (258):    50
        Evdev Wheel Emulation (259):    0
        Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes (260):    0, 0, 4, 5
        Evdev Wheel Emulation Inertia (261):    10
        Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout (262):    200
        Evdev Wheel Emulation Button (263):    4
        Evdev Drag Lock Buttons (264):    0
    The Nvidia graphics driver added a few lines to xorg.conf, which I already disabled. Without success.

Beans
    Distro

Well that looks OK too. Let's see what happens if we turn it off:
    Code:
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" 'Device Enabled' 0
    and then turn it back on:
    Code:
    xinput set-prop "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" 'Device Enabled' 1
    You could also try:
    Code:
    xinput reattach "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" "Virtual core pointer"
    The Nvidia graphics driver added a few lines to xorg.conf, which I already disabled. Without success.
    What?

Beans

No luck. None of the xinput commands helped.

What?
    Installing the proprietary Nvidia drivers populates the xorg.conf with a bunch of lines -- for video, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I commented out the mouse section. Thought, this might help, which it didn't.

Beans
    Distro

Right, you don't need the keyboard or mouse entries. Did the problem start when you commented out the mouse section? You may have the mouse line in "ServerLayout" still active. I suppose it's possible that's affecting things. Can you post your xorg.conf?

Beans

The problems were also there before I commented out those lines. And also when the xorg.conf is literally empty, or, in case of the RHEL6 running inside VMware, not there at all. So that's not the reason.

I'm finishing the xorg.conf configuration now, then reboot and see what happens then.

Beans

First thing what happened was that I forgot to remove a # so X didn't come up correctly -.-
    Working now.

Second, Xorg.0.log complains about "no supported touch pad found", while, nevertheless, I can move the cursor, tap, scroll and zoom.

Third, ... here's "xinput list" ...
    Code:
    Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
       ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ stylus                                      id=6    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ eraser                                      id=7    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ touch                                       id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ pad                                         id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Pen                 id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Logitech USB Optical Mouse                  id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
       ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation            id=15    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    stylus, eraser, touch and pad, I understand. They're comming from xorg.conf now. But where's that Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Pen coming from?!

Anyway, Gimp is behaving as always. Everything HAS to be done with the stylus -- which I don't like, obviously -- except for the guidelines which still don't work.
    MyPaint, the same. Houdini still doesn't recognize pressure, but that's the smallest of all problems...

Beans
    Distro

You're correct you shouldn't be seeing:
    Wacom BambooFun 2FG 6x8 Pen
    Somewhere there is probably a .conf file in xorg.conf.d configuring it. What does:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    show.

I think we need to look at your Xorg.0.log in /var/log.

Beans

Okay, here we go:

Code:
    $ xsetwacom list
    stylus           STYLUS    
    eraser           ERASER    
    touch            TOUCH     
    pad              PAD
    Looks normal to me, just the four devices configured in xorg.conf are listed. That's good, right?

/var/log/Xorg.0.log is attached.

Just to make sure no mistakes were made, here's what I did while switching to Xorg.conf.
    1) according to page 1 in this thread, I added the following symlink rule to "/lib/udev/rules.d/69-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules":
    Code:
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="056a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00d3", SYMLINK="input/tablet-wacom-bamboo-pen_touch-$env{WACOM_TYPE}"
    (00d3 for the CTH-661 model)
    Correct? Because I'm not sure with this line.

Then I merged your test3.xorg.conf with mine, by copy&pasting all of the wacom stuff over.
    My current xorg.conf is also attached.

.xsetwacom.sh was replaced to use the names coming from xorg.conf, and the toggle-touch.sh was altered for the same purpose.

At last I renamed /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-wacom.conf to 10-wacom.conf.bak.

Reboot, keeping fingers crossed, and here we are.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast