Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1141

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Favux,

Wow. Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
    As I said you are seriously appreciated.

Ill add this when I get home.

Many thanks once again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Some user experience. CTH-470 works in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise out of the box. Only real issue I had was the button configuration. Wiki lists an example for Bamboofun on how to set buttons. In case of CTH-470 it is a bit unclear.

CTH-470 device ids

Code:
    xsetwacom --list

Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Pen stylus    id: 12    type: STYLUS    
    Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger touch    id: 13    type: TOUCH     
    Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Pen eraser    id: 18    type: ERASER    
    Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad    id: 19    type: PAD
    Pad has only four buttons and no wheel. Properties can be set for buttons 1-3 and trying to
    set button 4 gives an error.

Code:
    $ xsetwacom  --set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" button 4 1
    Unsupported offset into 'Wacom Button Actions' property.
    After some trial and error I found out that the buttons are 1,9,8,3 from top to bottom.
    Configuring buttons according to wiki then becomes

Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 1 "key esc" 
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 3 "key F12 "
     xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 8 "key KP_Next"
     xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 9 "key KP_Prior"
    For example if you want gimp to zoom with center buttons then the correct config is

Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 1 1
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 3 3
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 8 "key minus"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad" Button 9 "key plus"
    In addition I found a good advice on how to reverse scrolling.
    For me xinput --list gives

Code:
     Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ HID 04f3:0103                               id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Pen stylus            id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger touch          id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad                    id=16    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Pen eraser            id=18    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 16FG 4x5 Finger pad            id=19    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    so instead of reversing the scroll for Wacom I reverted the scroll for Elantech touchpad

Code:
    xinput set-button-map 16 1 2 3 5 4
    so that the laptop touchpad will work the same as Wacom touch. I tested that with id 13 the command works for Wacom also.

For touch speed and acceleration setting I found advice from here

Code:
    xinput set-prop "Wacom BambooFun 2FG 4x5 Finger touch" --type=float "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 1.250000
    xinput set-prop "Wacom BambooFun 2FG 4x5 Finger touch" --type=float "Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration" 1.150000 
    xinput set-prop "Wacom BambooFun 2FG 4x5 Finger touch" --type=float "Device Accel Velocity Scaling" 10.000000
    this seems to work for 12.04 precise still.

For some reason the graphical gnome configuration utility shipping with Precise does not show any button mappings for CTH-470.
    I do not know it there is supposed to be something there.

Thanks to developers for the driver and thank you for the wiki info.
    ========================================
    "If people make the final decisions, let's invest in education, not technology. " - zefrank 03-28-06
    ========================================

Beans

Greetings.

I tried to find help in the Debian User forums, but apparently, no one was able to help me.
    I just repost here, what I wrote there, if any more information is required, just ask:

[..]
    I had a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch (3rd Gen.) installed and it worked fine. Now, I didn't use it in a while and when I tried to plug it in yesterday, simply nothing happened.
    Probably that's because of some updates, and I also guess it is some issue with the X driver.

The Wacom module itself is loaded:

Code:
    dmesg | grep wacom
    [   19.071409] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom
    [   19.071623] wacom: v1.52-pc-0.6:USB Wacom tablet driver

And also lsusb recognized something:
    Code:
    [...]
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 056a:00de Wacom Co., Ltd 
    [...]

But well, the cursor does not move a bit.

I tried to compile another wacom.ko, but that didn't do it.
    When I tried to compile a X driver, honestly, I got confused. Which one should i use?

I'm running a Debian Squeeze:
    Code:
    uname -r
    2.6.32-5-686

Any help is appreciated.
    [..]

Oh by the way:
    xsetwacom --list returns nothing at all.

Beans
    Distro

Hi mion,

Since you compiled a recent wacom.ko which should work for your BambooPT and didn't see any compile errors it shouldn't be the wacom driver/module. It seems to be autoloading with the dmesg output (you could check with lsmod | grep wacom) so no need to "force" loading by adding 'wacom' to the modules list in /etc/modules.

So it does seem to be the X driver. I think you might be correct and an old enough version might not work with a working wacom.ko. Hard to remember that far back but I think Chris did make some incompatible changes. So you likley want to use either the most recent xf86-input-wacom tar release or clone its git repository. The updated BambooPT HOW TO is here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=110408

Beans

Thank you again, Favux, for your help.
    I read the troubleshooting section and it turned out, I had two conflicting xsetwacom modules in /usr/local/bin and /usr/bin. I deleted one of them and recompiled the wacom.ko module.
    And magically, now it works. Well, thank you very much.

Beans

This gave me a black screen after installing it and following the instructions of Install input-wacom-0.13.0's wacom.ko.

​How do I get my ubuntu unblacked screened?

Beans
    Distro

Hi EvilLugiaXD,

Sorry to hear that.

You don't give much detail. Is installing the wacom.ko from input-wacom-0.13.0 the only thing you did? What release of Ubuntu do you have?

Usually a black screen is due to video but if it is in fact due to the wacom.ko then you would probably want to boot into recovery mode and do an sudo apt get at the command line of the default wacom.ko package for your release. I'd think you would have gotten errors when you compiled 0.13.0 if that is the problem. If you compiled xf86-input-wacom (the X driver) on Precise (12.04) that would cause your system to crash due to the FrankeServer issue. In that case just unplug your Bamboo's usb cable before you boot. Then either reinstall the default xf86-input-wacom (xserver-xorg-input-wacom) or compile it with the FrankenServer patch.

The HOW TO here has become more and more obsolete since they blocked us from updating them back in May or June of 2012. For example input-wacom is now up to 0.18.0. This links you to the updated version: BambooPT HOW TO.

Beans

I have a new Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch tablet CTH-480 connected to an Ubuntu 13.04 amd64 laptop. The tablet is not recognized by X.

Relevant lines from dmesg:
    [ 1.645085] usb 3-6: new full-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
    [ 1.665392] usb 3-6: New USB device found, idVendor=056a, idProduct=0302
    [ 1.665395] usb 3-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 1.665397] usb 3-6: Product: Intuos PTS
    [ 1.665398] usb 3-6: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
    [ 2.089912] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom

lsusb:
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8008 Intel Corp.
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9100 Phone [Galaxy S II], GT-P7500 [Galaxy Tab 10.1]
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 24f0:0137
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 056a:0302 Wacom Co., Ltd
    Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0cf3:3004 Atheros Communications, Inc.
    Bus 003 Device 006: ID 5986:0400 Acer, Inc
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

lsmod | grep wacom:
    wacom 61805 0

However, neither xinput nor xsetwacom recognize it.

xinput:
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Metadot - Das Keyboard Das Keyboard Model S id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Metadot - Das Keyboard Das Keyboard Model S id=11 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ BisonCam, NB Pro id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=13 [slave keyboard (3)]

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Beans

I have recently bought a Wacom CTH480 (Intuos pen and touch small) (I am using Ubuntu 13.04 --64 bit)
    The Wacom Graphics Tablet application present under System Settings is showing "No Tablet Detected".
    lsusb detects the Wacom device as connected (the lsusb o/p is this: Device 003 : ID 056a:0302 Wacom Co., Ltd)
    but xsetwacom --list devices shows no output.
    The light (white) itself on the device glows when connected to the computer and other light (blue) glows when the stylus is brought near to the active area. The mouse pointer does not move when the stylus is moved over the active area on the tablet.
    I have visited some forums discussing the problems relating Wacom tablets and the Linux Wacom project, but got nowhere on how to start troubleshooting the problem.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by The Maverick; October 16th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi danik2 and The Maverick,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

You are both probably correct to post about the Intuos Pen and Touch here on the Bamboo Pen and Touch HOW TO. Near as I can tell the Intuos name is replacing Bamboo for this line of tablets. The old Intuos tablets become the Intuos Pro tablets.

The short answer is support for the Intuos P&T models isn't available yet. More detail in my post on this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=145752

So you could get kernel support by using the patches submitted to the Kernel's linux input mailing list. In addition to the kernel Jason suggests using there is the Wacom-kernel on the Linux Wacom site you could try: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...nel_Repository Probably recent enough for the patches to work. You may not want to roll your own kernel which would likely be a different version number from your Ubuntu kernel, in which case we'd have to anticipate/guess what changes they'd make to input-wacom to add support from the patches for the wacom.ko. We might get lucky. I'm not sure where we'd be with the X driver. Chris' changes to allow xf86-input-wacom to pick up any BambooPT once it has a kernel driver might or might not work with the IntousPT. Not sure yet how similar the two really are.

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast