Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1141

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Thanks! It looks like everything worked, although I'll have to check the next time the kernel updates.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by finesse98 View Post
    Hello.

I've been having problems with my Bamboo Pen & Touch (CTH-460). The touch gestures work; I have no problems with that. On the other hand, the pen is not functioning properly. This has happened within the last week and a half. Before, the pen worked just fine. In the meantime, I upgraded from 12.04 to 12.10, but the problems persist.

The pen is recognized, but when I hover it within a half an inch of my tablet, the pointer ping pongs side to side and then doesn't really follow the movements of the stylus.

When I touch the pen to the tablet, the pointer jumps back and forth (side to side within a two inch space). Then it goes wild, jumping across my desktop and opening random programs from my launcher. It seems to prefer to jump to one side of the desktop, though it's overall pretty random.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 (3.5.0-19 generic). I've been searching, but the ones experiencing problems similar to mine seems to have theirs fixed by updates.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi finesse98,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Because it happens in two different releases I'm suspecting a hardware problem. Do you have Windows or OS X available? If so does it happen in there?

First thing to check is the usb cable. Make sure the connections are secure and also try another usb port. Try not to use a hub when diagnosing.

If that isn't it the likely culprit is the pen. If the pen was banged up somehow the antennae in it may have been damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse98 View Post
    I got a hold of a laptop with Windows 7 and since it does the same exact thing (only in slow motion) it seems to a broken stylus. I will replace. I hope it can be replaced.

Thanks so much.

Update: I plugged the tablet into a Windows Vista laptop and the stylus works there. Then I plugged it back in the Windows 7 laptop, and it's working fine there too. Maybe I bumped something into place?

Beans

Hello all,

Ive purchased a wacom intuois5 touch and am using Linux Mint 14.

Favux, could please give me a hand with configuring the tablet buttons? The one along the side and the ring?

Everything works great except that.

Im just a little confused on what parts of your guide I need to follow.

I appreciate any help on this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi atmycrossroads,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

The Intuos4 sample script should help along with part IV. "IV. Use of a xsetwacom script file". Also the wiki: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik..._Configuration

You might want to take a look at the new BambooPT HOW TO. Using the GNOME Wacom tablet app. is another option. The Mint dev.s hid it in 14 but we found it: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopi...f=208&t=117690

Beans

Thanks Favux,
    checking the links you provided got half my buttons working.

If the pad is held so that the buttons are on the left the scripts managed to get the top five, the ring and center buttons working just fine but the bottom five buttons dont appear to be working at all.

Are you familiar enough with an Intuous5 Touch to tell me what the numbers are for the bottom five buttons?

Or is there a command I can use to find them?

Beans
    Distro

Are you familiar enough with an Intuous5 Touch to tell me what the numbers are for the bottom five buttons?
    No, but I'm interested in finding out. As far as I know there is just the usual 4 offset, so:

Central button = 1

Otherwise you have to search the button numbers with xsetwacom get and set commands to find the button number that corresponds to the button in question.

Beans

Favux,

Thanks so much for your help, with the project as a whole and myself. Seriously appreciated.

I have 2 more questions and then I will try my best to not bother you further.

1. Do you know if the Intuois5 is actually supported fully now? I ask because in Linux Mint the default wacom config gui under Input Devices doesnt really recognize my I5 fully. It lists it as a generic tablet (waltrop) or something like that. Googling waltrop tells me that my Intuois is NOT a generic Waltrop device. (as a note to a previous suggestion..I do not have the gnome version of the control panel at all...unless its hidden in a location other than that specified on the Mint forums.) I sadly didnt notice this at first. I only noticed it when the pad buttons werent displaying in the gui at all.

2. Contingent on your answer being yes to my first question do you know if the drivers support toggling multiple configs for the center button and ring?

Thank you for any assistance.

Beans
    Distro

Well the link I gave you above goes to a thread which shows you how to unhide the Wacom panel applet. Unless you are using KDE Mint and the KDE Wacom system tool?

Beans

Correct. Im sorry I thought I mentioned I was using Mint 14.
    Yes the kde wacom panal is present in the Input devices window.
    It is the gui I mentioned that isnt properly recognizing my pad.

Beans
    Distro

For older versions of the KDE Wacom configuration gui like in Mint 14 the database file hasn't been added. You'll have to do it manually. bent95kr contacted the KDE Wacom dev.s and posted the database file with instructions: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=125296

It looks like they're switching from their own tablet database to libwacom.

Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast