Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

OK, I'll look into that - thanks.
    No, the lag issue unfortunately is exactly the same as it was..

Beans

Hi. Um, I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but there's 59 pages...

When I run

Code:
    sudo cp ./src/2.6.30/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko
    in step 1, it returns
    Code:
    cp: cannot stat `./src/2.6.30/wacom.ko': No such file or directory
    Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have a brand new Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch, and I'm running Ubuntu 10.10...
    Last edited by MatthewWilliams; February 3rd, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi MatthewWilliams,

That error either indicates the wacom.ko wasn't built or it is in a different kernel folder in /src. Since you're using Maverick the folder should be correct and you likely aren't building the wacom.ko. Are you seeing any errors when you configure? Did you add your model to the wacom_wac.c as in post #2? Or you could consider using input-wacom.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi MatthewWilliams,

That error either indicates the wacom.ko wasn't built or it is in a different kernel folder in /src. Since you're using Maverick the folder should be correct and you likely aren't building the wacom.ko. Are you seeing any errors when you configure? Did you add your model to the wacom_wac.c as in post #2? Or you could consider using input-wacom.
    Well, I had deleted everything, so I re-ran all the commands to look for errors... Nothing. It went without a hitch.

Until...

Code:
    lsmod | grep wacom
    I restarted my computer, ran that command and got nothing. No errors, no response.

I checked Post #2 for advice in adding my model to the wacom_wac.c, but the link seemed to bring me to somewhere irrelevant. Now, I know it is what I'm looking for, I'm just too nooby to make any use of the information there... -_-

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out wacom_wac.c, but still nothing. The other two things there referenced a folder I don't have, and didn't see to install anywhere (xf86-input-wacom). Welp?

EDIT II: ...The tablet had to be plugged in for lsmod | grep wacom to work, didn't it? *facepalm*

Anyway, I think I've gotten it working, but I can't find anywhere to change what the buttons do. I may have accidentally skimmed it over... Help?
    Last edited by MatthewWilliams; February 4th, 2011 at 03:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi, thanks for your details!

I got CTH460 today and run only "I" and it worked. Do I still need to run "II, and so on"?

I also agreed that the track pad is not really following. I'm newbie for all these, would you let me know how to configure?

Many many thanks in advance,

Beans

Red face Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

I have a Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG (0xB8) which I installed by following (as best I could undertand) the instructions in posts 1 and 2. I I'm running Ubuntu Lucid.

The stylus acts very strangely, the pointer stays stationary in the lower left corner of the screen and doesn't move when I move the stylus. In other words, it doesn't track. However, it does click on what would be under the pointer if the pointer had moved. So I can blindly raise various windows and make bounding boxes on the desktop. Sometimes it scrolls in firefox.

Touching the pad crashes X.

I've attached my .xsetwacom.sh and Xorg.0.log. Here is the output from xinput --list:

Code:
    Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse             id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG Pen eraser           id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG Pen stylus           id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG Finger pad           id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG Finger touch         id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation            id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=13    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    Here's dmesg | grep wacom

Code:
    [   14.585111] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom
    [   14.585121] wacom: v1.52-pc-0.3:USB Wacom tablet driver
    Thanks for developing this driver, hopefully I've attached everything required for a diagnosis,

Gerry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi MatthewWilliams,

Nice job! Looks like you've figured most everything out. Sorry it took so long to respond.

My guess is you've already figured out the tablet buttons (pad) but just in case, that's what's being described in part IV. The sample script has button assignment examples as does part V.

Hi sammy0131,

It's probably a good idea to do part II. if you have Maverick, and practically required if you are using Lucid. Both for better touch and better function of the pad (the tablet buttons).

Hi mastica,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Your Xorg.0.log looks like things went with out a hitch. It looks like you've done the script correctly. Nice job!

At a guess the issue may involve two xsetwacom executables. I'm basing that on the pad crashing X. The stylus part I don't understand. Check to see if you have two executables, one in /usr/bin (the correct location) and the other in /usr/local/bin. If you see one in /usr/local/bin it means you forgot the '--prefix=/usr' flag on the xf86-input-wacom configure line at least one of the times you compiled. Delete the one in /usr/local/bin. If you only compiled once then the xsetwacom executable in /usr/bin is probably from the default xf86-input-wacom install. You need to recompile and reinstall to overwrite it with the compiled version.

Beans

Hmm, I only have one xsetwacom, and it's in /usr/bin. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

In that case I suppose that leaves something wrong with your patching of the wacom_wac.c in the linuxwacom 0.8.8-10 source code. Why don't you check that over and see if you left a line out or added an unnecessary one, or used the wrong Product ID, or if your indentations aren't correct. That's assuming your cloning of the xf86-input-wacom git repository went off without a hitch.

Beans

I double checked wacom_wac.c, and it's correct. That's the only file I should have to patch right?

Thanks

Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast