Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Hi oobu,

Good move. There seem to be 3 problems with xf86-input-wacom right now. Only one is fixed. That's what we've been talking about the last couple of pages.

Right now you'd be better off downloading the 0.10.8 tar and using it. The default version in Lucid is 0.10.5 which was early in xf86-input-wacom's development. So it had a lot of bugs and a lot of stuff, like xsetwacom commands, don't work right or at all. It just depends on what level you want to configure things to. If a working stylus is all you need you're done.

Beans

A little feedback on the just released 0.10.10 version.
    Everything looks okay.
    Well, besides the jumpy pointer, and the non-working pad buttons, but that'll soon be fixed. Hopefully...

Beans
    Distro

Hi iRi_E,

Thanks for your good work. The LWP has been notified. Ping agrees with you about the commit after the one I suspected. Chis may have just posted a fix for the pad buttons. And Peter knows about the divide by zero error message.

Hi dr4ziw,

Chris may have already fixed it in his just posted patches. Anyway they are working on it.

Say, have either of you updated your firmware? It seems to me that the software package at the Wacom site included a firmware update. Maybe we're looking at a firmware difference with regard to touch? I did the update when I got my Bamboo about 2 months ago so I don't remember for sure. I have Driver Version 5.2.3-4.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Say, have either of you updated your firmware? It seems to me that the software package at the Wacom site included a firmware update. Maybe we're looking at a firmware difference with regard to touch? I did the update when I got my Bamboo about 2 months ago so I don't remember for sure. I have Driver Version 5.2.3-4.
    Not yet. Actually, I haven't booted my physical windows installation like for ages. Only VM and it's certainly more than 2 months ago when I installed the tablet drivers in there.

Worth a shot?

[EDIT]
    Apparently, the Bamboo control panel shows another driver version (5.2.4-3) than the windows device manager (5.1.2600.5512). Anyway, I'm installing the latest release (5.2.4-5) now.

[EDIT2]
    ... and it didn't change anything.
    Last edited by dr4ziw; November 22nd, 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Not yet, and probably cannot.

I have never installed MS Windows in my current PC, and don't remember when I used it last time... Does LWP plan to provide firmware installer for Linux?

Beans
    Distro

Hi dr4ziw,

Bummer. Well it was a thought.

Hi iRi_E,

Not that I'm aware of. I think there's a way to install firmware in linux but it is considered risky. Or maybe that's just the bios. One reason to keep Windows around.

They've fixed the xinput problem and that's in 0.10.10. The wcmValidateDevice.c patch was accepted, so the errors in Xorg.0.log will go away. I think they also fixed the pad buttons. Those were merged but haven't shown up in the repository yet. The divide by zero is pending.

Beans

They've fixed the xinput problem and that's in 0.10.10. The wcmValidateDevice.c patch was accepted, so the errors in Xorg.0.log will go away. I think they also fixed the pad buttons. Those were merged but haven't shown up in the repository yet. The divide by zero is pending.
    That's good news.

Meanwhile I'm noticing that gestures, in fact, got worse.
    Scrolling is well-nigh impossible. Doesn't matter how my fingers are aligned -- horizontal, slightly diagonal, close together, farther apart --, most of the time only zoom is triggered. When scrolling works once in a while, it often also zooms a little.

Besides, assuming that this will be fixed -- very likely, it will --, would it be possible to reverse the scroll direction? That is, right now it's like I'm moving the page with the fingers -- moving down scrolls the page up, and vice versa. To me, moving finger downwards scrolls down the page seems more natural. I'm thinking about something like that:
    Code:
    $ xsetwacom set "xxx Finger touch" yAxisScroll "reverse"

Beans

I think they also fixed the pad buttons. Those were merged but haven't shown up in the repository yet. The divide by zero is pending.
    Out of curiosity, any news on when these patches will be available in through the repository?

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

The commits just landed in the repository. If you clone the git everything should be working again. At least it is for me.

Beans

Confirmed! As far as I can tell, the new commits work like a charm: pad buttons back to usual behavior.

*mumble* after I corrected the .toggle-touch.sh script, which was still set up for use of xorg.conf *mumble mumble*

... touch controlled pointer, still moving in jumps
    ... gestures are still horrible, like described 3 posts above.

But that's okay.[*]

- dr4ziw - [*] just managed to install Centos 5.5 on my really old Acer Aspire 1350 notebook, which had problems with every ubuntu past 7.10 *YAY* So, everything's okay to me, at the moment.

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast