Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Sure. The evdev driver is pretty amazing, it can get so many devices "working".
    I assume the ID are changing based on the devices you have on your system?
    More due to the fact they keep changing the wacom.ko code. I think they're finally happy with the "Device names" being reported. Remember the ID #'s will change if you're hot plugging the tablet or other usb devices. In that case use the "Device names".

Beans

I am having a curious problem where my wacom CTL-460 freezes every time the pen touches the surface. I then have to lift the stylus out of range and bring it back, which makes using it awkward.

The only info I can find after a brief websearch is an old bug:-
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wa...epid%20Ibex%29

I upgraded to 10.04 from 9.10 on 64 bit using the linuxwacom-0.8.8-10 driver and a Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and seems to also be an issue with the 0.8.8-8.

There was a headers update today, could it be related?

EDIT - Woops, I also did a stupid thing. I have landed in the wrong thread and followed the instructions for a tablet PC instead of a graphics tablet. I ran the 'sudo make install' step :/
    Perhaps I should I do something to fix that first?

UPDATE - I reinstalled the latest headers, rebuilt the driver module (correctly) and got the same result.
    Last edited by bapoumba; November 2nd, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Beans

Hi Favux

I've still been doing battle with my pen and it's random right clicking issue which I thought was solved the other day but was wrong - although I think I have just solved the problem.

The bit that was confusing was that it worked on my Windows drive so I felt it a software issue rather than hardware - I even installed Maverik to see if it was my Mint KDE that was causing the problem - no different.

What appears to have solved the problem was ramping the PressureThreshold/ClickForce right up - I only get an error when running xsetwacom in terminal if the ClickForce is over 2040 rather than the 21 suggested in the comments.

No sure if the 21 figure is incorrect but going all the way to 2040 appears to stopped my problem by making the nib less sensitive.

Might be worth looking at and maybe help other who suffer from a "sensitive nib"

Thanks

Chris

Beans
    Distro

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you got it working. Thanks for posting how you did it.

I'm pretty sure 2040 is way outside the intended ClickForce range. So you've either found a bug in the code or "fixed" your problem by exceeding the range and doing who knows what in the code. Or both.

Beans

No idea from my side (although i wish I did) just very happy that I can use the thing normally.

Thinking about it, the other .xsetwacom setting that showed an error in the terminal was Suppress - anything higher than 20 gave me.

Code:
    chris@chris-mint ~ $ sh .xsetwacom.sh
    X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
      Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XInputExtension)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  37 (X_ChangeDeviceProperty)
      Value in failed request:  0x121
      Serial number of failed request:  18
      Current serial number in output stream:  21
    It was this type of error that made me push the ClickForce value up and up.
    - If it is of any use

Code:
    input list-props 12
    Device 'Wacom BambooFun 2FG 4x5 Pen stylus':
            Device Enabled (137):   1
            Device Accel Profile (256):     0
            Device Accel Constant Deceleration (257):       1.000000
            Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (259):       1.000000
            Device Accel Velocity Scaling (260):    10.000000
            Wacom Tablet Area (282):        0, 0, 14720, 9200
            Wacom Rotation (283):   0
            Wacom Pressurecurve (284):      0, 0, 100, 100
            Wacom Serial IDs (285): 209, 0, 2, 0
            Wacom Display Options (286):    -1, 0, 1
            Wacom Capacity (287):   -1
            Wacom Pressure Threshold (288): 2040
            Wacom Sample and Suppress (289):        4, 20
            Wacom Enable Touch (290):       0                                                                                                                                           
            Wacom Hover Click (291):        1                                                                                                                                           
            Wacom Enable Touch Gesture (292):       0                                                                                                                                   
            Wacom Touch Gesture Parameters (293):   50, 20, 250                                                                                                                         
            Wacom Tool Type (294):  "STYLUS" (296)                                                                                                                                      
            Wacom Button Actions (295):     "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0)
    Either way, it's working and I am happy - Favux, thanks so much for your help over the last few days.

Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ubername View Post
    which suggest I need to change the lines with
    e.g.
    Code:
    if (x == input->abs[ABS_X])
    to use absinfo instead of abs, but I have no real programming skill, so in true cowboy fashion I just tried a straight swap to
    Code:
    if (x == input->absinfo[ABS_X])
    This did the trick for me:
    Code:
    if (x == input->absinfo[ABS_X].value)
    (absinfo is a struct itself, so you also have to specify a member.) Good luck.
    "Let your roots dig deep into the hot soil... Let our scorching sun and sheeting rain turn your supple beauty into strength. For if our love is to survive, it must grow thorns to pierce the hand of any that would uproot it!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by happyhamster View Post
    This did the trick for me:
    Code:
    if (x == input->absinfo[ABS_X].value)
    (absinfo is a struct itself, so you also have to specify a member.) Good luck.

What a player!

Many thanks.
    To err is human, but not uniquely so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Has anyone tried to configure the wacom tablet to work on a single screen in a dual display config?

I have dual 24" displays connected to a single geforce 9800 gt, and when I try to use the pen on my wacom tablet, it's stretched to cover both displays. How can I limit it to a single display?

Thanks, great tutorial, it's a shame that the wacom tablet it's not working out of the box on maverick, I hope it works with the next release, specially multi touch.
    DFI LanPartyNF4 ULTRA-D, ATHLON64 X2 4400+, 4GB
    GeForce9800GT 1GB, Dual Dell LCD 24" LED, Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet, XMeridian+Klipsch ProMediaGMX D-5.1

Beans
    Distro

Hi proteo,

It was something like this:
    Code:
    Option "TwinView" "Horizontal"
    Option "ScreenNo" "0"
    You would add this under:
    Code:
    Driver "wacom"
    in the first (usb) snippet in 50-wacom.conf. Where ScreenNo was the monitor number you wanted it on. But it depends on when you compiled xf86-input-wacom I think. Because on 10-7-10 there was a commit titled "Purge TwinView driver support".

So now I guess we are suppose to use the new xsetwacom "MapToOutput" parameters. I haven't looked at those yet to see what they are about. See 'man xsetwacom'. So we could take a crack at it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks this has helped very much! I have a tx2000 and the touch calibration was way off. Now (using your example script) it is correct at the top and just off about 50 pixels at the bottom. Unfortunately this means i cannot touch the bottom bar with the window names. The cursor appears about 50 pixels above and 10 or so pixels to the left of where i touch. A little experimenting and i think i will have it done, but i have a question.

if i adjust bottomx and bottomy, should i adjust topy and topx by the same amount? Do those values depend on each other at all?

Thanks!

Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast