Thread: How do you get Vbox guest additions & Usb support working in Kubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question How do you get "Vbox guest additions" & USB support working in Kubuntu 10.04?

Hiya everyone,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04LTS and can virtualise Windows easily. I want to setup Kubuntu 10.04 with the virtualbox from their site (not the repository one that doesn't support usb) but its giving me grief I can't get it to install vbox guest additions (needed for usb support) and although I can set up usergroup settings in Ubuntu, I guess Kubuntu will make this harder too can anyone help, please?

PS: I wish to migrate to Kubuntu but it's not as easy to use as Ubuntu is so that's why I wish to Virtualbox it to "test drive" it first.
    Last edited by Nightstrike2009; June 20th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Linux Mint 12 (11.10 Based) Gnome 3.0 User

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How do you get "Vbox guest additions" & USB support working in Kubuntu 10.04?

Please dont tell me i have to run "sudo apt-get update" then "sudo apt-get upgrade" followed by "sudo apt-get install dkms" and "sudo apt-get install build-essential" first as I can't has my modem (that works in ubuntu) is USB and 3g so I need USB support to work just to use it.
    Last edited by Nightstrike2009; June 20th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Linux Mint 12 (11.10 Based) Gnome 3.0 User