Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix Network Manager Disabled ubuntu 10.04 Lucid

Beans

Re: How to fix Network Manager Disabled ubuntu 10.04 Lucid

Thanks for keeping this post up since it comes up nicely in a Google search!

Got access to the internet up and running after running the command 'sudo rm/var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state' in terminal and re-booted However, I no longer get them same nice message in the 'tray' that verifies the network is running at 100M like I used to (simply says 'unavailable' under the grayed icon for networks).

Following some previous threads earlier, I went into hardware system settings (Network Manager Backend), and moved 'Wicd' up in front of 'NetworkManager 0.7' since there was some discussion about being this being better. Trying to run the application 'KNetworkManager' doesn't open up any window, either before or after the move with Wicd.

Anyone have any knowledge of a thread that addresses this particular issue? That tray verification message is a nice 'warm and fuzzy' that everything is working right.

Beans

Wink Re: How to fix Network Manager Disabled ubuntu 10.04 Lucid

I had several problems in 10.04 on my toshiba laptop. I've tried several fixes over the past 2 weeks and no resolution. Tonight, I upgraded to 10.10. Issues are gone. Some pages take 1 second longer to load than other pages but most/all pages seem to load in under 2 seconds. Takes an 1 hour and a half to upgrade but so far its been worth it. I also suggest backing up before/after upgrade. To upgrade to 10.10 go to System>Administration>Update manager. Click on upgrade to 10.10. I'm not sure why/what fixed the problem but it did.
    I also had a problem with 10.04 network disabled on boot. It resolved this issue as well. Hope this helps someone....

Beans

saved me from a lot of trouble.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi,
    Was allways getting Network manager disabled and really do not know what it means so had a hunt to find out what is all about. Came across this fix on the first search..
    Have ubuntu 10.10 Maverick and Network Manager now fixed.
    Many Thanks
    2burke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12