Thread: HELP needed

Beans

HELP needed

I finaly installed Ubuntu on my main PC at home, and all what I get is black screen shoving OUT OF range, I reseted that thing to default, Pluged in Diferent Monitor OLD CTX one , Set lower resolution, pluged in My original monitor,everything fine so far, and After restart all I have is the same Out of range, no matter what resolution I leave before restart. NOTICE before restart just with replugin monitors main monitor works great with all available resolutions. Please help me if anyone has SOLVED such problem . Thanx in advice.

Beans

Re: HELP needed

Anyone ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

what's your video card ?
    and are you using dual monitors or one at a time ?

Beans

I am using one monitor at a time, My video card is ATI Radeon X800, Monitor is LG Flatron L1919S

Now I Use DUAL ones if that might help
    Last edited by Bukarts; June 15th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

See if you have a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and if so try renaming it as a backup with
    Code:
    sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
    Now try a restart, or a logout and in again to restart x. You may find that a lack of xorg.conf will allow the system to re-detect all hardware and get you a GUI. If it makes no difference, you can reverse the whole proceedure with
    Code:
    sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    If that does not help, I will have to leave things to others who are better than I am.

Beans

Nope, Still the same. The worst thing is while I keep running both monitors everything works fine, when I plug out 2nd one main one again shows out of range.
    also reversed procedure doesnt work.
    Last edited by Bukarts; June 15th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Bukarts View Post
    Nope, Still the same. The worst thing is while I keep running both monitors everything works fine, when I plug out 2nd one main one again shows out of range
    while they are both plugged in go to system > prefernce > monitors and choose a monitor and turn off one monitor from there don't unplug it see what happens ?

Beans

How I can choose them, All I have available is to check Cloned monitors or not. And in window I see Cloned or unknown. So Now I managed to turn off first one and Leave Main one running. But I am afraid to restart now, since most probably I will get the same place where I was before.
    Last edited by Bukarts; June 15th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Beans

Ok! Restarting now !

Yup Still the same! Out of range once again
    Last edited by Bukarts; June 15th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.