Thread: Panel Empty!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Panel Empty!!!

I was messing around with settings and things, REALLY long story short.... I can no longer tell what is being used on my desktop on the panel. I have to use alt+tab to select anything. Or have everything really small so that I can select between different windows. Any help? Btw, I am using 9.04

Beans

Re: Panel Empty!!!

right click on the panel > add to panel > window list > add.

Should solve the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Yep, i second the above, just add the windows switcher to your panel. Unfortunately all windows are grouped here so you have to go through the list when you wish to change to another window.
    Or, alternatively, you could use a window manager like AWM or Cairo-dock, better eyecandy.
    Last edited by Rodemire; June 13th, 2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added awm and cairo
    Maverick/Lucid/Windows 7/XP: 4GB RAM DDR2 800, Core 2 Quad 2.8Ghz, P45 Intel Chipset, 1GB 9400GT Nvidia card

I have finished playing GTAIV, the need to boot into Windows has expired.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you really borked it up, you could always remove the preferences for the panels by opening a terminal and typing

Code:
    sudo rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
    Note that this will undo any and all changes that you have made to the panel, and will be fixed upon the next time you log-in
    Java Guide Media support Flash x64 Grub2 Get Dropbox! My Look! RSync Twitter

"Windows 7 was my idea"- I guess Microsoft enjoys copyright infringement?