Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    143

    hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    'tried 5 or 6 solutions on the different threads on hplip - none seem to affect the download of the plugin - always 'no network connection detected'.

    'Running Lucid on a Dell Optiplex 755 w/ an HP1020. The printer appears to be recognized - show up on admin/printer. Anyone else having this heartburn?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    143

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Is everyone else's HP's just connecting and loading the drivers?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    143

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Whine alert: I have to fire up an XP box to print. Lucid resolved the dual monitor driver issue, but at the expense of printing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    I have the same problem. Ubuntu 10.04, HP LaserJet 1018, HPLip 3.10.2 returns this error: Network connection not detected. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by hopllit; August 4th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    15

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Quote Originally Posted by hopllit View Post
    I have the same problem. Ubuntu 10.04, HP LaserJet 1018, HPLip 3.10.2 returns this error: Network connection not detected. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
    See also this launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/573971

    I have an hp 1005, so I've launched hp-plugin for installing firmware (as reported here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...54/comments/67) but "network connection not detected" error was raised

    So, I' ve relaunched with this two options:
    sudo hp-plugin -g -i
    -g debug mode
    -i interactive

    Hp-plugin try to wget www.google.com but probably because my network was slowly it fail and give me the error above.
    If I launch wget from terminal, without the option --timeout=10, www.google.com was resolved so, I've just added to my /etc/hosts
    ip_google www.google.com *

    Next, I relaunched sudo hp-plugin -g -i and this time www.google.com was resolved and hp-plugin continue to the next steps (download some configuration/driver/firmware from various site) and in five minutes my printer have a new firmware

    Have fun, bye


    * to retrieve ip from hostname, just digit on terminal host www.google.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Quote Originally Posted by ma2k1 View Post
    See also this launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/573971

    I have an hp 1005, so I've launched hp-plugin for installing firmware (as reported here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...54/comments/67) but "network connection not detected" error was raised

    So, I' ve relaunched with this two options:
    sudo hp-plugin -g -i
    -g debug mode
    -i interactive

    Hp-plugin try to wget www.google.com but probably because my network was slowly it fail and give me the error above.
    If I launch wget from terminal, without the option --timeout=10, www.google.com was resolved so, I've just added to my /etc/hosts
    ip_google www.google.com *

    Next, I relaunched sudo hp-plugin -g -i and this time www.google.com was resolved and hp-plugin continue to the next steps (download some configuration/driver/firmware from various site) and in five minutes my printer have a new firmware

    Have fun, bye


    * to retrieve ip from hostname, just digit on terminal host www.google.com
    Thank you so much, it worked!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    4

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Hello (sorry for my english, I'm French)
    I have the same problem with HPLIP, but I don't understand your solution, because I'm a newbie in terminal use.
    pleas can you explain me step by step how to edit /etc/hosts
    thanks a lot

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    4

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    I try to edit etc/hosts like this:
    Code:
    79.118.175.79     www.google.com
    and it doesn't work.
    the ip it's find but it's make new try of connection every 10 s.
    Last edited by jobutane; November 26th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    15

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    Quote Originally Posted by jobutane View Post
    I try to edit etc/hosts like this:
    Code:
    79.118.175.79     www.google.com
    and it doesn't work.
    the ip it's find but it's make new try of connection every 10 s.
    Have you digitized " sudo hp-plugin -g -i " in the terminal?
    What version of Ubuntu are you using?

    Pleas report also the output of hp-plugin for better understanding the problem.

    Bye

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    4

    Re: hplip + 'Network connection not detected'

    yes I digitized " sudo hp-plugin -g -i " in terminal
    my ubuntu is the 10-10
    the probleme is this --timeout=10 option, may be we can delet it somwhere?

    yes it's work with your solution, thanks
    Last edited by jobutane; December 27th, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •