Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04]

Beans

Re: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04]

Quote Originally Posted by yatt View Post
    Since some people have mentioned Maverick, I have made a Maverick specific guide here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1595220

Hey, Thanks for posting your guide - but I was not able to compile the kernel. The 2 files in your instructions that are to be modified before the kernel is compiled are missing. Is something missing from the instructions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have attached a multitouch-kernel-source package, modified for maverick, to the first post (it also includes the hid-core.c and hid-quirks.c changes.).

Maverick users should just install the attached package and ignore most of the instructions except for the rotate button fix.

Not sure about calibration at this stage.

Beans

Appreciate your help on the sources. But for Maverick, it doesn't look like you have created the sources for the actual Maverick dist in ppa. Lucid is there but not Maverick heh.

Scratch that, now that I actually READ what you posted about downloading the attached package. Sorry. And thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Installed and working ok. Still need to get the multi touch to work. But whenever I switch to portrait mode, the input doesnt change.
    Last edited by Goldstorm; October 22nd, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

Beans

Does anybody have flawless video playback without any glitches on 10.10 with T91MT ?
    Everything else worked for me, but I cannot get decent video playback on 10.10 or 10.04...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by milanp View Post
    Does anybody have flawless video playback without any glitches on 10.10 with T91MT ?
    Everything else worked for me, but I cannot get decent video playback on 10.10 or 10.04...
    I have no major issues with video on 10.04 providing I use the vaapi version of mplayer. It is a bit of a pain to setup initially but there is a script. I couldn't get 10.10 to playback the same way without some major glitches (seemed to be a T91MT specific problem).

There are now working EMGD drivers that are somewhat better than the PSB ones (although not the Gallium3D ones we have all been hoping for). They support normal XV playback. They also support Compiz (but still no Unity).

Also for anyone subscribed to this thread, there are now proper mosart multitouch DKMS drivers in a utouch PPA, see first post. Of course there isn't much that works with multitouch right now...

Beans

Smile Re: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04]

I finally tried Maverick again - and now with the new touch and graphics drivers my t91mt is running quite well. So far, no random freeze ups and it is nice to have compiz and video playback.

The only thing not working is screen rotation and the silver rotate button, but I can happily let them go. Although I often use tablet mode, I don't need to rotate the screen for that.

Good job!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenhenri View Post
    I finally tried Maverick again - and now with the new touch and graphics drivers my t91mt is running quite well. So far, no random freeze ups and it is nice to have compiz and video playback.

The only thing not working is screen rotation and the silver rotate button, but I can happily let them go. Although I often use tablet mode, I don't need to rotate the screen for that.

Good job!
    Apparently adding 'xhost :local' to a login script or something similar ('xhost localhost' what what I used to use ages ago for something similar) can help fix the screen rotation. Also I think you have to remove a stray ; (or some other character) from a script script that is called by the rotate script. I might have a proper go at switching from Lucid to Maverik now most of the problems have been fixed, and write up something.

My main concern is that the EMGD drivers pull in an experimental version of Xorg which could cause problems in the long run with future Ubuntu upgrades and so forth but Natty isn't too far off anyway (which will be *another* problem since Unity doesn't work with either EMGD or PSB drivers, but I'm already using the 2D-EFL version of the old netbook-launcher so it's not such a major issue for me personally.).
    Last edited by H3g3m0n; December 10th, 2010 at 08:49 PM.

Beans

Hi I am confused on how to edit the kernel ? it says permission denied when i save it. is there a specific place to edit the text? please help?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by razzac11 View Post
    Hi I am confused on how to edit the kernel ? it says permission denied when i save it. is there a specific place to edit the text? please help?
    You need root level access. Try typing 'gksudo gedit /thepath/thefiletoedit'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast