Thread: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04]

Beans

Re: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04]

wow thanks, that helped!

Beans

Re: Asus EeePC T91MT multitouch touchscreen [Lucid 10.04/Maverick 10.10]

hi!
    i've a cando 10.1 touchscreen with usbid 2087:0a02
    i've managed your multitouch-kernel-source-maverick.tar.gz to make it working.
    after the installation i've modified the file

/usr/src/multitouch-1.555/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h

to use my usbid

the line 131 from

Code:
    #define USB_DEVICE_ID_CANDO_MULTI_TOUCH 0x0a01
    to

Code:
    #define USB_DEVICE_ID_CANDO_MULTI_TOUCH 0x0a02
    and now it's like a sharm!!!!
    may we add a second line instead to modify this?

after this patch, i've recompiled all with

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure multitouch-kernel-source
    where this file came from?
    may we add this usbid for the other people?
    Last edited by davidea; December 25th, 2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: add dpkg-reconfigure

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've installed multitouch via the PPA, and this was at the beginning of a clean install, mostly following the guide you posted on the eeePC Wiki, but I don't think I've got multitouch support. I tried to install the multitouch daemon, but it won't work, and I've used evtest to try to see if the screen is reading two fingers with no luck.

Is there something I can do to test to see if the multitouch is working? For example, is there some way to just activate two-finger scrolling on the screen, or even just something I could do from the command line to make sure it's working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by christophermluna View Post
    I've installed multitouch via the PPA, and this was at the beginning of a clean install, mostly following the guide you posted on the eeePC Wiki, but I don't think I've got multitouch support. I tried to install the multitouch daemon, but it won't work, and I've used evtest to try to see if the screen is reading two fingers with no luck.

Is there something I can do to test to see if the multitouch is working? For example, is there some way to just activate two-finger scrolling on the screen, or even just something I could do from the command line to make sure it's working?
    I don't think evtest sorts out the fingers.

Try installing mtdev-tools.

There is 'gesturetest 0 0 0xffffffff'. Which should let you detect pinch's and such.

Also 'sudo mtdev-test /dev/input/event4'. 1 finger should have a id of 00 and with 2 fingers you should get both 00 and 01.

There are a bunch of tools on:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/

I tried GUI testing tools (mtview and ucube) without success. ucube didn't work on the crappy GMA500, mtview 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 both required a newer version of mtdev than was in mavericks repos.

To get multitouch scrolling and zoom you probably want to look at installing ginn. Personally I have found it simpler to just use singletouch gestures with something like easystroke bound to pagedown

Beans
    Hidden!

twofing should work, so long as you edit the rules file to point it at the correct device, since twofing was written with the t101mt in mind. There should be another post regarding 10.10 and twofing on the t91mt if you do a search.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@H3g3m0n
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the stuff you've posted. I have been using single-touch gestures with mutlitouch since I bought the T91MT, but when I saw on this thread that someone said they got multitouch working I thought I would try it out and see how difficult it would be to accomplish.

@jtjs
    Yeah, I edited the rule and compiled, but nothing seemed to happen. I was following another post where someone else had the same problem, and on that post it turned out that there were no multitouch events being registered, so I though that the problem might have been with the my installation of the driver itself and wondered if there was a better way to test the driver itself.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345