Thread: Bluetooth adapter problem in UBUNTU 10.04 and DELL STUDIO 1537

Beans

Exclamation Bluetooth adapter problem in UBUNTU 10.04 and DELL STUDIO 1537

Hi experts!

I have a "small" problem.

I have a 1,5 year old Dell Studio 1537 (C2D 2.56Ghz, 4Gb ram, Dell 370 minicard for wlan/bt)

Finally I get rid of WIN from my laptop (all the softwares I use, have been adopted to linux, thx God).

But, I made one big mistake.
    Under windows I disabled the Bluetooth adapter, If you do so on a Dell Studio, you can not switch it back unless you enable it within the windows (i don't know what it does actually). There is a combined WLAN/BT hard switch at the side of the laptop, but If you switch it, it only disable/enable the wlan, because the BT had been disabled. If I would enable the BT in win, then the switch turns on/off both comm device.
    Wlan works great.

The problem is that i forgot to enable the BT before I removed the win and installed Ubuntu 10.04. Now ubuntu reports that I have no BT devices in the machine. (in previous ver. of ubuntu, when the BT was enabled, it worked out of the box).

Could anyone tell me how could I re-enable BT adapter without installing bloody WIN again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gergo

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bluetooth adapter problem in UBUNTU 10.04 and DELL STUDIO 1537

you shouldn't need windows to do that... Try to go into the bios settings; there should be settings to enable bluetooth there.

Hope that works!