Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SD Card reader not working on Acer Aspire One

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: SD Card reader not working on Acer Aspire One

My rlight side SD card reader does not work either. I am using Ubuntu 10.04LTS. I did have it work with 9.04, but that was using GRUB and not GRUB2 like version 10.04LTS uses. I used the patch/fix to the GRUB conf file, but GRUB2 does not have the same file.

So how to get the right side SC card reader to9 work (agan)?
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans

I had the same problem with the same card reader on my MSI A6200 laptop. After hours of trying to find a Linux driver I finally bought a cheap Linux USB card reader.

prem

Beans

If you are reading thism chances are you have the same card reader.
    try open a terminal and type lsusb and hit enter if you have device Oc2f:6250 then you have the same driver as me.
    other distributions have the same problem - no driver.

subscribe to my bug
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/633852
    this adds weight to the issue

It may take some time for s volunteer developer to write a driver.
    In the mean time I suggest you buy a card reader or use your camera as an external drive with the card.

update the linux compatibility netbook page to add your model and problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

PFMJI, but I'd like to add that I too have this problem. The netbook in question is a Packard-Bell Dot SE. The "Packard-Bell" brand is now owned by Acer (found this via Google) and very often Packard-Bell netbooks are practically identical to an Acer Aspire Dxxx model. Just the brand sticker on the case is different. So this Packard-Bell Dot SE netbook also has this card reader device:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0cf2:6250 ENE Technology, Inc.

So I can't get this to work with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Does anyone know if it works with Maverick (Ubuntu 10.10) or are there any chances that it might be working with Ubuntu 11.04?

Beans

Hello guys,

I've also a Packard Bell Dot SE netbook and my card reader does not work neither, even I do not know what device is neither from bot lspci and lsusb.

Here are the outputs for both commands:

fran@marx:~$ lsusb
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0458:003a KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems)
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0402:9665 ALi Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

fran@marx:~$ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation N10 Family DMI Bridge
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation NM10 Family LPC Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet (rev c1)
    02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 1000 Series

Which of those devices do you figure out that may be the card reader?

Regards,

Beans

Hello again,

Fortunatly I still have a partition with the original Windows XP that comes with the Netbook, and trying the card reader with that XP says that's also an ENE card reader...

No solution yet, though.

Regards,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scorp123 View Post
    are there any chances that it might be working with Ubuntu 11.04?
    Yes. Bug #530277

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Acer Aspire One D255 the only SD card reader is on the right hand side. I cannot access the SD card either. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1666533 where I first brought it up for my issue as well.

In all candor, what needs to be done? I mean if I have 'X' dollars can I simply hire someone to code this up, so-to-speak, and then as I would 'own' the code contribute it here? I am serious on this question as the card reader is a NECESSITY for my line of work as I take thousands of photos in any given week.

Thanks to all!

Beans

Hi Ibrrfarr,

The first step to getting a problem fixed is to file a bug report on launchpad. This bug has already been filed (see my previous post for a link to the bug report) and a fix has been committed for version 11.4 which is scheduled for release in April.
    Once the next version is released you should be able to download an unofficial kernel backport if you don't want to update to 11.4.

If you need it now and are happy hacking your system there is also an explanation on the bug report about how to build the necessary module yourself. Somebody might even be kind enough to build one for your particular release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Hi Ibrrfarr,

The first step to getting a problem fixed is to file a bug report on launchpad. This bug has already been filed (see my previous post for a link to the bug report) and a fix has been committed for version 11.4 which is scheduled for release in April.
    Once the next version is released you should be able to download an unofficial kernel backport if you don't want to update to 11.4.

If you need it now and are happy hacking your system there is also an explanation on the bug report about how to build the necessary module yourself. Somebody might even be kind enough to build one for your particular release.
    I made an account but really don't know what bug# or really what/how to track or report. Perhaps you could give me the # you are talking about or do I need to file a new one?

Would like to see the hack you speak of. Maybe I can do it; however, I would really appreciate it if someone could walk me through the process. I have skype so if it's easier that way, by all means PM me!

Found the Bug#.
    Last edited by ibrrfarr; February 14th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast