Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Release Party Organization

Beans

Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Release Party Organization

Thanks to everyone who attended the Lucid Lynx release party in Salina. Attendance was low, however this was expected, being the first statewide release part, and Memorial day. We lunched at Hong Kong Buffet, had a penguin guessing game, etc. We learned a lot about planning this time around as well.

Looking forward to Maverick Meerkat, I'd thought I'd start the ball rolling and begin to call for date, speakers, times, etc. It has been suggested to have local city release parties, and I'd like to suggest having those first, with the state wide a week after the release. I realize this may reduce participation, but LoCo's are really that - local.

Looking over forum posts for the last release party, it was suggested to coordinate with KCLUG and CCCKC. It'd be nice to coordinate with K-SLUG and Air LUG & Kulua as well.

Start commenting

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Release Party Organization

Calling all Uubntu luggites, and zealots.

It's time to seriously begin thinking about where, when, and what for the release party for 10.10.

Add your suggestions please. Last meeting was planned in about 3 weeks, and was not near enough time for advertising the event.

The event and all speakers, etc. need to be set 30 days in advance so that the event can be properly advertised 30 days prior to the event.

10.10 release appears to be Oct 10. This date sometimes moves, however one should consider this a reasonable planning date. Would it be better during a weekday or weekend after the launch date?
    Last edited by drbeams; August 9th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Beans

Arrow Re: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Release Party Organization

I'll see if I can contact Air LUG and see what they are thinking, since I am in Wichita. But before they can pick a local date they will most likely need a idea of what is going to be in the statewide one...

Beans

NCKLUG has chosen to hold a local release party. Statewide seems to be a bit of a challenge to host, etc. As a result, we've not done any planning and currently didn't have anything scheduled. With no responses except yours on the forum, it was decided to let the local LUGs hold their own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Has there been a decision on if there will be a Wichita get-together? I'll be there if so.

Also I'll be in Emporia on Saturday in case there is a party up that direction.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by weatherkid View Post
    I'll see if I can contact Air LUG and see what they are thinking, since I am in Wichita. But before they can pick a local date they will most likely need a idea of what is going to be in the statewide one...
    Just contacted ACLUG, waiting for reply.